IGNORED

T-Rex Simulator

KaeruYojimbo

Taking part in medical trials to earn extra cash is practically a college right of passage. You take a few pills, write down a few side effects and collect your money. Easy peasey mac and cheesy. So you didn't think twice about answering the ad you saw on the bulletin on your way out of Women's Studies 101. (Apparently every other guy on campus had the bright idea to take it to meet girls. The class was 23 guys and 2 women).

That afternoon you walked into a lab in a building you'd never noticed before and met the doctor conducting the trial, and older man with wild white hair. He snickered a little as he told you you might feel a little pinch. Not long after the needle went in the world went dark.

When you came to it was dark outside and the room looked much smaller. Your nose itched but you soon realized you couldn't reach it. You looked at your arms. They were tiny and only had two fingers. In the window where your reflection should have been was a T-Rex with a jagged scar around it's head. Your brain had been transplanted into the cloned body of a dinosaur! And you were hungry!

To play, press up to move forward, left and right to move left and right. Your targeting marker is the white line in the lower middle part of the screen. Below that are your spindly little t-rex arms. On the lower left is the radar, which will help you find students who spawn off screen in later revisions of the game when it is possible for them to spawn off screen. The lower right is you life meter, which is constantly draining due to immense hunger. To eat a student, line him up with the targeting marker and press the fire button. This will boost your life meter and earn 15 points. If a student moves off the bottom of the screen between your arms, you stomp him, which earns 50 points but does nothing to alleviate your hunger.

I sill have a lot to do with this game, including adding sound and obstacles (like a national guard tank that will show up if too many students escape) and making the students run in zig-zag patterns, but this is the basic concept. Here's a rough concept for some artwork too.

t-rex.txt.bin

post-5573-0-79472100-1425071029_thumb.png

post-5573-0-62290400-1425071051_thumb.png

• Like 1

I like this concept, it is very entertaining and I can see this being a great game with different obstacles getting in the way, etc... I agree about the controls I think they need to be swapped as well. I hope this games goes to completion. Keep up the great work.

Edited by classiccollector