IGNORED

Motor Psycho story

toiletunes

This is one of those "Ebay is not a price guide" stories, but with a happy ending.

The local shop had a fresh stack of CIB titles- every title I asked about, he scanned the barcode with his phone and gave me a price. Basketbrawl was like $90, Alien Brigade was around $45 (both out of my price range), but I got Motor Psycho for $10.

As I went home, I was thinking "Is that an Ebay app or something?" So I checked and the prices closely match- but here's the thing- the $10 Motor Psycho on Ebay is PAL, not NTSC.

I just play-tested, and mine is NTSC, so happy ending.

• Like 4

This is one of those "Ebay is not a price guide" stories, but with a happy ending.

The local shop had a fresh stack of CIB titles- every title I asked about, he scanned the barcode with his phone and gave me a price. Basketbrawl was like $90, Alien Brigade was around $45 (both out of my price range), but I got Motor Psycho for $10.

As I went home, I was thinking "Is that an Ebay app or something?" So I checked and the prices closely match- but here's the thing- the $10 Motor Psycho on Ebay is PAL, not NTSC.

I just play-tested, and mine is NTSC, so happy ending.

You did good.

You got him good, LoL. ?

Motor psycho on NTCS goes for over 100 dollars in eBay by some sellers.

?

You could resell it on eBay and make a fortune. ?

Edited by Stun Runner 87

In "ebay ain't all bad news...I just bought (less than two weeks ago) a loose cart lot with Karateka, Motor Psycho, and Winter Games for 20 bucks. I had Karateka and did not have Winter Games, I figure it is worth 5$ so by my internal videogame buying logic I paid 15$ for the Motor Psycho cart.

Also just ordered loose Basketbrawl, Fatal Run, and Scrapyard Dog for what I consider very decent loose price as well. I'm filling in my more rare 7800 titles now and ebay really ain't ALL bad if you're diligent!

$90 for Basketbrawl? $100+ for Motor Psycho? These aren't THAT rare, are they?

I don't think so--but those are fairly usual NIB prices for them on ebay.

Don't even get me started on Mean 18. A game I really want for nostalgia purposes but am totally unwilling to pay the ridiculous asking prices for. Even loose (my preference actually) it's ridiculous.

• Like 1

I don't think so--but those are fairly usual NIB prices for them on ebay.

Don't even get me started on Mean 18. A game I really want for nostalgia purposes but am totally unwilling to pay the ridiculous asking prices for. Even loose (my preference actually) it's ridiculous.

Kind of what I figured. Lucky for me I'm happy with loose cartridges. :)

Mean 18 has got to be the most in-demand golf game ever. I have to believe it's purely to do with its rarity. However good a golf game it may be...it's still a golf game. :P

Yeah Mean 18 and Tank Command seem to be the most expensive 7800 games. I doubt eithers price has anything to do with how good they are...if that was how it worked Joust should be like, a million bucks.

I saw Tank Command going for 300 dollars before new in box.

I'm the idiot that payed for it....LoL ?