IGNORED

Player animation.

STGraves

I still need to be able to combine down and up and left, so the !(not) is pretty important! I like else commands, and when I do 2D games (I mean games where there is no discernible foreground that the sprite enters or exits) I use it to stop the variable, but as it is I'm pretty sure I would lose the reflection if the direction was combined. I actually have a much longer set of controller based variables that are cancelled and/or activated to allow for jumping in both direction and using the special attack. If I were to 'else' the variable in this particular game then my upward walking animation or downward walking animation would activate on a combination of directions rather than the mirrored walking frames. What I wrote out was a simple example. I agree that things can be changed to free 1 byte here or there, or reduce cycles, however this is simple explanation. I was more emphasizing that the variable can be used in conjunction with a direction to control animation and also coordinate with a 'reflect player' command to mirror the sprite.

Anyone interested in using the above example for games should definitely take note!!

Edited by Papa