IGNORED

Intellivisionaries Episode 17 Is Up!

nurmix

Just made it before the month ended! Whew!

In this episode, we review the Mattel and INTV Corp. ‘educational’ games Math Fun, Word Fun, Learning Fun I and Learning Fun II. We interview designers / programmers Kimo Yap and Dave Warhol about the games. We also have a listener interview with Intellivision enthusiast Karen Overstreet. The Intelli-Virgins are back discussing Lock ‘N’ Chase, and of course there’s Feedback, News, the Odyssey 2 and lots of George. So sit back and have Fun and Learn!

http://intellivisionaries.com/episode-17-math-word-and-learning-fun/

• Like 6

So basketball next it is! Paul this is Greg Miller. I heard my name called at the end of the podcast. So how would you like me to report this time (i.e. audio review, written review, etc)? I was thinking of saving the live interview for when we do hockey since that is my favorite sports game as well as yours. Let me know what your thoughts are and I'll get to work pronto! :)

Great interviews this month.

Nice to hear that there are female Intellivision collectors out there. It's a shame that she could never join this form. To much sexual abuse. ;)

Great news from William about coming games from Elektronite.

And hearing someone from the dawn of the Intellivision live, aka APH was very interesting.

• Like 1

So basketball next it is! Paul this is Greg Miller. I heard my name called at the end of the podcast. So how would you like me to report this time (i.e. audio review, written review, etc)? I was thinking of saving the live interview for when we do hockey since that is my favorite sports game as well as yours. Let me know what your thoughts are and I'll get to work pronto! :)

An audio review would be cool, if you can swing it. Just your thoughts and memories of the games.

And you're in when we get to hockey.

:D

• Like 1

Oh no! Another variant!!! > :(

Don't worry, DZ, it was just the extended 'vocal' mix (which you already have). I haven't used the extended 'instrumental' mix yet, but the other variants are the Halloween mix, and the Christmas mix. And for the record, I'm fairly certain there isn't going to be a Peter Cottontail Easter mix.

Great interviews this month.

Nice to hear that there are female Intellivision collectors out there. It's a shame that she could never join this form. To much sexual abuse. ;)

Great news from William about coming games from Elektronite.

And hearing someone from the dawn of the Intellivision live, aka APH was very interesting.

Thanks, Mike. Karen was great. And glad you enjoyed the interview with Kimo Yap for his one and only game, Math Fun. Wish I could have located Kevin Miller, but I had about as much luck as I did finding Alan Smith for the Dracucula episode. Damn programmers and their COMMON names!

:mad:

Edited by nurmix
  • Like 1

Also, we should definitely make Portland the place we all go to this year for a meetup. Maybe we can get Rev to drive/fly this time.

I am in for Portland, great Idea!

I have no good excuse not to go as I have never been there or to that Expo and I live in California.Yea, and get Rev to go!

Still a good distance and probably have to fly as would most of us, but I keep hearing great things about there show. I have mentioned this to my Wife multiple times already which may help my cause....I hope! :thumbsup:

I'm a maybe for Portland. My wife and I attended 4 retro gaming expos last year and she's pretty burnt out on them. At least I have until October to convince her otherwise. :)

If you show up I will give you my Shark! Shark! shirt!

No, wait I got the idea to buy mine from the last Expo after i saw you wearing one.....scratch that idea. :(

• Like 2