IGNORED

Intellivisionaries Episode 17 Is Up!

nurmix

I'm a maybe for Portland. My wife and I attended 4 retro gaming expos last year and she's pretty burnt out on them. At least I have until October to convince her otherwise. :)

4 is a lot. If i make it that is 1 per year for me, and pushing it at that.

We do a lot with the kids on other vacations but I am going to give it my best shot!

Hmm... I'm fairly certain my wife wouldn't have any interest in going (shocking, I know)... but I may be able to swing it. Just wondering if I'll do the whole Intellivisionaries booth thing, or just go to hang out and get RETRO. Guess that depends on Rick and Will, and what they want to/can do.

• Like 1

Hmm... I'm fairly certain my wife wouldn't have any interest in going (shocking, I know)... but I may be able to swing it. Just wondering if I'll do the whole Intellivisionaries booth thing, or just go to hang out and get RETRO. Guess that depends on Rick and Will, and what they want to/can do.

Well we could always do the group guest appearance thing again. :)

• Like 1

Paul it's your old bud Steve Herold. I'm about 40 minutes from being done with this episode. Great job by ya'll as usual. But I have two questions that if you address in the last 40 minted excuse me…. In your interview with Kimo Yap, unless I didn't hear it, did you ask him if the whole jungle motif for the game was his idea or did it come from Mattel or Children's Television Workshop?

Also, this might be more of a gripe, but after hearing you guys mention if you own LF 1 & 2 it's essentially pointless to own Math Fun and Word Fun because everything that's on MF and WF are on the LF games. So why were they all included on the Flashback? Seems like a waste of space that could've been used for 1 or 2 other games if all you're doing is doubling up on the math and word games.

Paul it's your old bud Steve Herold. I'm about 40 minutes from being done with this episode. Great job by ya'll as usual. But I have two questions that if you address in the last 40 minted excuse me…. In your interview with Kimo Yap, unless I didn't hear it, did you ask him if the whole jungle motif for the game was his idea or did it come from Mattel or Children's Television Workshop?

Also, this might be more of a gripe, but after hearing you guys mention if you own LF 1 & 2 it's essentially pointless to own Math Fun and Word Fun because everything that's on MF and WF are on the LF games. So why were they all included on the Flashback? Seems like a waste of space that could've been used for 1 or 2 other games if all you're doing is doubling up on the math and word games.

I don't believe I asked Kimo that, actually. I will followup with him in email and see if he remembers.

As for Word Fun and Math Fun being included on the Flashback; my guess is either they're on there because they were no hassle games from an IP / ownership standpoint, and added to the game count total for marketing reasons, or they were included for 'historical purposes'. Either way, it makes for a good "Question For Keith", which I plan to record for this month's show.

I don't believe I asked Kimo that, actually. I will followup with him in email and see if he remembers.

As for Word Fun and Math Fun being included on the Flashback; my guess is either they're on there because they were no hassle games from an IP / ownership standpoint, and added to the game count total for marketing reasons, or they were included for 'historical purposes'. Either way, it makes for a good "Question For Keith", which I plan to record for this month's show.

Thanks dude. really am curious about origins of jungle theme for the games. my neighbors had them both (the sister was a few years younger than us, so they were meant for her) and I remember playing them at least once. always thought the graphics were pretty good. As a matter of fact, I may have mentioned this when I did my guest interview on your show, when I got Coleco's Donkey Kong and was so disappointed with how it looked I remember thinking "man, why didn't they just use the gorilla from Math Fun and it would've looked so much cooler."

• Like 1

I think Keith already answered in a previous podcast. He indicated they included every game possible without having to get any licensing.

• Like 1

Slightly off topic, but who is the most famous actor who got his start in the Electric Company show? (No Googling or Wikipedia'ing!)

Spidey!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA_Hs9DkmOo

Oh, I see Morgan Freeman there too. He's famous too, right?

Edited by DZ-Jay

By the way, I really liked the new updated music for the Intellivisionaries podcast. I enjoyed the old music but this stuff is even better.

Thanks, Chris. That was an alternate / extended remix of my intro theme. I'll probably only use it occasionally, since it's kind of long. I do have a couple other variations that I may throw in there from time to time to keep people guessing (not counting the "seasonal" variations). And I am working on an extended version of my outro theme as well. No ETA on that yet, but eventually it will make it's way into an episode.

You make hundreds of gaming videos but you can't talk into a microphone for 5 minutes?

:P

Hmm...

I don't know, it's just different. I do my videos in an unprofessional all over the place fashion. I am such a nervous/shy person who has 101 phobias, i never thought i would have the courage to do videos. But i do them my way on my terms. I can ramble on incoherently and it doesn't matter. lol

I must say it's very intimidating when you have had guests on your show already that have told stories that dwarf anything i could tell. My childhood was pretty boring. My mother was strict and i wasn't even allowed to leave the house too much. So most of my stories consist of my 1 friend who would come over and we would play Intellivision. The end. lol

I don't know, it's just different. I do my videos in an unprofessional all over the place fashion. I am such a nervous/shy person who has 101 phobias, i never thought i would have the courage to do videos. But i do them my way on my terms. I can ramble on incoherently and it doesn't matter. lol

I must say it's very intimidating when you have had guests on your show already that have told stories that dwarf anything i could tell. My childhood was pretty boring. My mother was strict and i wasn't even allowed to leave the house too much. So most of my stories consist of my 1 friend who would come over and we would play Intellivision. The end. lol

I get that. But since it's a recording you're doing yourself and not an interview (and you have the power of retakes and editing!), I figured it would be something you'd be up for... and apparently I was right, since I just got your PM. Looking forward to hearing it, Mr. Dude.

Thanks in advance.