IGNORED

4-Tris on eBay

scobb

This will go for a lot more than $200 too.

That's for sure. I'd like it but I'd be reminded that I'm out of pocket $200 at the very least every time I see it. I'd rather get a system or accessories I need.

You don't become a BILLYonaire by buying $200 games ;-)

That's what I'm talking about! :)

Edited by BILLYonaire

That's for sure. I'd like it but I'd be reminded that I'm out of pocket $200 at the very least every time I see it. I'd rather get a system or accessories I need.

:)

I hear people say this a lot but what happens when you get all the cheaper games, systems and accessories you needed, but you still have $200+ to spend? Do you quit collecting or go for the expensive stuff? :) Just saying, a lot of people paying big bucks for this might not need much else. Still cant believe I sold mine for $50 here in the marketplace, lol.
  • Like 1

I'd rather see our collective money pooled for a re-release of this.

I don't know why, but something irks me about watching speculators skim a profit when the creator could be making it instead. At least when it comes to stuff that's, you know, actually recent and could conceivably still be in production. I'm pretty sure Spiker isn't about to be re-released CIB anytime soon.

And yeah, I realize it's a mostly irrational distinction. I guess we'll have to wait till Blix commands $1000 before more people will agree with me :P

Edited by freeweed

It makes no sense whatsoever to start bidding on an item before the last few minutes, even seconds. Why are people making things go up and up. If people were more patient and all bid at last minute price would be so much lower...

Actually if people would just bid the highest they're willing to pay, and stop trying to out-guess the system and its players, prices would end up exactly where they should be.

People forgot how auctions work once Ebay came around. Auctions got turned into video games.

It makes no sense whatsoever to start bidding on an item before the last few minutes, even seconds. Why are people making things go up and up. If people were more patient and all bid at last minute price would be so much lower...

I mostly agree with this and that's how I bid...especially on rare items. I suppose there are possibly some psychological mind games you can play by bidding early, but in my experience you just end up bidding it up. As people see the price climb, their predator instinct kicks in and they up their max to ensure a win. It takes discipline to stick to your original max and plenty of bidders lack it.

This was never going to sell for $200, though :) According to a poll I did a year ago, there were 22 people on AA willing to pay $100+ for a CIB 4-Tris with 10 of those people willing to pay $200 or more.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

Yeah, I go without computer access for days at a time so when I see something I want a bid is placed immediately :)

Another reason it doesn't hurt to bid is if the seller sees no bids yet and days have passed they are likely to add a BIN or accept a side deal/etc..

Thats more for sellers that don't understand all the action happens in the last few minutes but it happens.

• Like 1

Two advantages if placing a small bid early:

1. Sometimes it invalidates the higher 'Buy It Now' option.

2. Reduces the likelihood of a seller ending a bidless auction early for a side deal.

Edit: Oops, just realized I basically repeated what Crazy Climber said.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
  • Like 1