IGNORED

Interesting Atari 810 Drive lot

djfurreh

Okay guys, i may need help with this ... I've been trying to figure it out on my own for a few months now, but I'm stumped. So, I'm really good friends with the owner of a local consignment store and she calls me whenever they get something video game/computer related in. They got an Atari 810 Disk Drive with a bunch of Floppies. The person selling it was still there when I got there telling me it was a relative of hers who was an amateur developer and what not ... I thought she was making a big story trying to sell it to me for a lot of money. anyways ... i got it home .. there are over 100 floppies all numbered, all of them with a few games on them. Most of them are just pirated games ... but ... after playing them ... some are Hacks (apparently) and some are completely original.

I'll list some of them that I have up here at the moment.

#87 - Dance Kritters - Mt. King - Atari Demo - pilot - Soccer - Tumble Bugs - canyon climber (2) Atari Olympics *hack* I'm typing it as I see it on the label

#58 - (2) The Factory *Brew**hack*

#80 Track & Field - Spare Change *hack* (S)

my fave one so far is the last disk, #82 ... the guy is ... a bit ... perverted it seems there is a disk simply titled "x-demo" that the label says it's a brew, and I sincerely hope it is because it was bad on many levels....

any ways, my point is ... some of the games are of rather rare games, including Air Raid (haven't tested it yet to make sure that's what it is)

and probably about 25% of them are homebrews an 10% more are Hacks (the rest are just pirated copies).

I was wondering ... if I'm able, should I find a way to copy them and post them?

EDIT: Here is an image of them ... 11046974_10203805100784757_1293131895_n.

Edited by djfurreh
  • Like 2

Do you have an sio2usb?

or SIO2PC, APE, AspeQT... Search for those terms here, and / or visit www.atarimax.com

This allows you to read a floppy disk into an .ATR image which may be transferred / attached like any other file, and turned back into a disk on the receiver's end (or used as-is in an emulator).

Where are you located? Maybe someone can archive the disks for you, especially if you don't have to ship them.

I am in the northern part of the lower peninsula, about 2 hours south east of Traverse City ..

or SIO2PC, APE, AspeQT... Search for those terms here, and / or visit www.atarimax.com

This allows you to read a floppy disk into an .ATR image which may be transferred / attached like any other file, and turned back into a disk on the receiver's end (or used as-is in an emulator).

alright, thanks a lot :)