IGNORED

What is your rarest utility/program/game that you own?

I don't know much about rarity ratings, but I can tell you what of my items were hardest to come by:

Karateka (Diskette) CIB

Conan (Diskette) NIB

World Championship Karate (Diskette) CIB

221B Baker Street (Diskette) CIB

Ultima IV (Diskette) CIB (with Ankh)

Edited by pixelmischief

To much to list.

Just recently scanned this one.

http://www.atarimania.com/utility-atari-400-800-xl-xe-visicalc_30208.html

Also turned these into WAV files to be used with Altirra.

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-talk--teach-counseling-procedures_6410.html

I like Jacobus's list. Would love to get scans of your three APX titles. I have made PDFs of at least half of the APX titles and have a bunch more coming. Hopefully by the end of 2015 we'll have all the APX titles turned into ATR/CAS images and all the manuals scanned.

Allan

• Like 1

To much to list.

Just recently scanned this one.

http://www.atarimania.com/utility-atari-400-800-xl-xe-visicalc_30208.html

Also turned these into WAV files to be used with Altirra.

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-talk--teach-counseling-procedures_6410.html

I like Jacobus's list. Would love to get scans of your three APX titles. I have made PDFs of at least half of the APX titles and have a bunch more coming. Hopefully by the end of 2015 we'll have all the APX titles turned into ATR/CAS images and all the manuals scanned.

Allan

I'm in the middle of a huge project at work, and DH at home so I will try to get to them soon. (nag me in a few weeks if you haven't heard anything!)

Used to have an original copy of PL/65 with original printed manual (which at some point in the past I scanned and uploaded here).

Had Universe by Omnitrend which was pretty rare in the UK, complete with the huge manual.

Not sure how rare original boxed SpartaDOS X cart was but had that too and a RTime8 cart to go with it.

I sold off pretty much everything before I moved last year. I had piles of stuff from years of collecting, but now I'm down to an 800 with an Incognito, a broken 800XL, 600XL with Ultimate and stereo, and a happy 1050 along with a handful of carts. All of it in my folks attic about 230 miles away from me :(

I was given the master copy of this one on the maddening condition by the author that I don't dump the game (he seems to think it's still got commercial or IP value...):

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-yacht-race_20350.html

I totally respect that. Now, can I borrow it for a half hour or so? :twisted:

When it comes to cartridges, I don't know where to start :)

I have something like 90% of all the carts.

Lifespan is up there.

The one and only personal fitness cartridge.

Romox's ECPC line-up

Roklan's proto/lab loaners

Boxed Mr Do's castle

All the Taiwan boxed carts

Magic Dump's

Cart clone

Matterhorn

Spark bugs both ECPC and prod shell mint

Infosoft 3000/5000

All the Chaukboard carts boxed

Poket modem complete

Proburner (2 versions)

Survival of the fittest

Rack em Up boxed and loose

Atari's Paddle jitter tester

CRM cart (for machine shop)

Atlantis and Demon Attack International versions.

Expando carts sealed with hardware.

come to mind

Game: Ali-Baba and the Forty Thieves. Rarity 8 on Atarimania

Utility: Richman's Word Processor. So rare that Atarimania doesn't even know it exists.

Hi Fletch,

If (and that's a big if) I remember correctly, I was able to crack the protection on Richman WP. Next time you get it out, can you make a sector copy (and post it here)? Use a program that ignores bad sectors and keeps going. I'd love to take a crack at it again :)

Thanks!

• 2 years later...

Threads like this are great but they also make me realise what a pillock I was, we used to have boxes galore of Ali Baba (I seem to remember it having a polystyrene case between two bits of paper?) and loads and loads of Temple of Apshai disks that simply got used as blanks in the shop because we had stopped focusing as Atari dealers. In the end a lot got sent back to head office to clear space but where deemed as throw away's so I could have taken them home and either used them of waited with them in storage. I very much doubt my wife would have been pleased :)

Oh well, that's life I guess...

Rarest thing I HAD was the proto board for the dumper / OS replacement board sold by Computer House here in the UK (I still can't remember the actual name of it, my apologies to Mike and Dave, the creators), sadly gone like the rest of my stuff.

Actual stuff I do have is not rare at all...

I have some software with rarity 9 or 10 at Atarimania. If the rarity is correct, I sometimes doubt it.

But, a few months ago I got the chance to add some rare Italian titles to my collection. Maybe not the rarest, but I think it was a very nice find ;)

21llicz.jpg

Il_Papiro_Della_Pace_disk.jpg

Alas, most of these Lindasoft releases are unauthorized (pirate) copies.

So you have rare pirate stuff, if someone treats pirated stuff as rare... ;-)

Guerriero Laser = Laser Gunner by Compute magazine (Gary R. Lecompte)

Othello 3D = Superreversion by Analog Computing (P. Burgess)

Tic Tac snack = Tic Tac snack by Hi-Res (Duane Tutaj)

etc.

At least they do have nice packages and italian manuals...

http://www.atarimania.com/list_games_atari-400-800-xl-xe-lindasoft_publisher_1656_8_G.html

Alas, most of these Lindasoft releases are unauthorized (pirate) copies.

So you have rare pirate stuff, if someone treats pirated stuff as rare... ;-)

Guerriero Laser = Laser Gunner by Compute magazine (Gary R. Lecompte)

Othello 3D = Superreversion by Analog Computing (P. Burgess)

Tic Tac snack = Tic Tac snack by Hi-Res (Duane Tutaj)

etc.

At least they do have nice packages and italian manuals...

http://www.atarimania.com/list_games_atari-400-800-xl-xe-lindasoft_publisher_1656_8_G.html

I know ;-) Not everything Lindasoft published are pirated copies. In the top picture are also some titles not mentioned on Atarimania. If people are interested cover scans of all Lindasoft titles in my collection can also be seen on my website. The second picture "Il papiro della pace" is a disk title and is a graphic adventure featuring the Beatles and Beatles songs.

• Like 2

Evil thoughts: Think I have an A8 game in my collection that has to do with the Beatles, not sure if it is a quiz or an adventure (but it contains some Pokey versions of Beatles songs); it uses english language. I better do not search for it, otherwise I may find out, that the above mentioned game is not an original one... ;-)

But you are correct, not every Lindasoft title is pirated, thats why I wrote "most Lindasoft releases" above. Afaik, Hypnotic Land, Gangsterville, Conquest of the Crown and others are original titles...