IGNORED

What is your rarest utility/program/game that you own?

I guess my two rares would be Six Forks, which isn't even listed on Atarimania, although it never came in a box either, and this DATASM program, whose manual and disk I think I uploaded here a while back. I didn't tend to buy a lot of software then, just hardware ;)

• Like 2

I owned a CIB copy of Arex for a while, but needed to sell it: Arex

I don't know if it was the rarest title I've owned, but certainly one of the more interesting rare titles. A lot of rare titles aren't very interesting, which is partly why they're rare in the first place.

BTW, the rarity ratings on Atarimania are for boxed copies only.

If only boxed copies count, then I have few to no rarities, although I do have two carts of Mr. Do!’s Castle. And I’ve only heard of two people who actually have a box. Shouldn’t it be a 10?

Boxed only, my rarest titles are the Chalkboard carts. I think I also now have all of GR8’s cart releases boxed.

If only boxed copies count, then I have few to no rarities, although I do have two carts of Mr. Do!’s Castle. And I’ve only heard of two people who actually have a box. Shouldn’t it be a 10?

It's not that unboxed copies don't count, they just don't include ratings for them on AtariMania. Mr. Do!'s Castle is certainly a 10 as a loose copy. I suppose with a box it's actually more like an 11. :P

My latest rare acquisition. I'm not really sure how rare though, even though it seems to be rare in Atari land, it is a combination program with C64 on one side and Atari on the other, so it may not be so rare, just that most are in the hands of Commodore users...I know of one other AA member that has it too.

post-149-0-35822600-1549895426_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gunstar

I think I know a good deal of people who's net worth is beyond whatever assets and money they have say their worth ;) just saying:)

Although I like the software, I think a better name could have come about in financial circles.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 2

That's right, you see, you use a modern program as your "official" books, then this old one on an old computer that most don't have a clue how to use anymore to keep track of your "real" book of assets. ;) Just let the IRS man try and discover it! After all, they see that old Atari and all they see is a game machine, not a financial record keeper! :P

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

Well if we include hardware, then I guess the rarest thing I have is an 80 column board for the XL/XE machines. I paid Chuck at DataQue to design it for me, but we never did produce it. Looks kind of like a Black Box, although not as wide, like maybe 6x9, has VGA output. I forget now, it has two chips, one I think is a 6845? character set generator and the other one is the video chip. I used to have a1090XL til I threw it out, and I have a Thompson ProBurner which might be a little bit rare.

• Like 2

Well if we include hardware, then I guess the rarest thing I have is an 80 column board for the XL/XE machines. I paid Chuck at DataQue to design it for me, but we never did produce it. Looks kind of like a Black Box, although not as wide, like maybe 6x9, has VGA output. I forget now, it has two chips, one I think is a 6845? character set generator and the other one is the video chip. I used to have a1090XL til I threw it out, and I have a Thompson ProBurner which might be a little bit rare.

always interested in the add on video displays, and this ties in with a project I was discussing, maybe you and and Curt should get together, It would be nice to see a few choices for the display card within the 1090XL. The DataQue card might be built up a little or just reproduced in it's current form slightly re imagined. There are a few folks that like this sort of thing these days ;) Lenore, Macrorie, Curt, tf-hh, well you get the idea and myself as well...

Edited by _The Doctor__

always interested in the add on video displays, and this ties in with a project I was discussing, maybe you and and Curt should get together, It would be nice to see a few choices for the display card within the 1090XL. The DataQue card might be built up a little or just reproduced in it's current form slightly re imagined. There are a few folks that like this sort of thing these days ;) Lenore, Macrorie, Curt, tf-hh, well you get the idea and myself as well...

Pointless. The problem is all these projects are independent and can’t be plugged in together on the pbi. What we need is something like a new MIO/BB with say SD for Hdisk space, Ethernet, vbxe/80 cols, rs232 and printer. It’ll never happen.

WHAT?! I think I can now forgive myself for throwing out my Infocom collection in '94. :-D

Is Chuck still around? Let's bug him and get him to work on more neat things I Must Have.

Well I was selling my house and I had to get rid of tons of stuff to downsize. Over 4 thousand paperbacks, plus all sorts of computer junk. I looked at the 1090XL and thought, doesn't work, has no cards, never going to use it, have no use for it, and into the metal bin it went. Never occurred to me that people would pay money for it on ebay. Probably one of the dumber things I've done.

At least I still have both ATR-8000 units. I threw out the 8 inch drives and the 40lb power supply, but I was smart enough to keep them. Probably not rare things though.

Edited by Alfred
  • Like 1

I think I know a good deal of people who's net worth is beyond whatever assets and money they have say their worth ;) just saying:)

Although I like the software, I think a better name could have come about in financial circles.

Life is about People, NOT MONEY! Listen to Pink Floyd's song Dogs from the album Animals.

The end of the song perfectly describes what happens to greedy people (such as my [employer]).

Here are the words:

Who was only a stranger at home

Who was ground down in the end

Who was found dead on the phone

Who was dragged down by the stone

The LOVE of money is the root of all EVIL!

:)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 3/4/2015 at 6:34 PM, AtariGeezer said:

My Rarest Carts:

Programming:

LJK Edit 6502 (9)

Application:

Citibank Direct Access (9/10)

Info/Gen Cable Graphic Sciences (?)

Game:

Attack of the Mutant Camels (9)

K-Byte K-Razy Kritters (9)

Mr. TNT (9)

Rack'em Up!(9)

Sea Chase (9)

Star Maze (9)

Super Zaxxon (9)

Worm War I (9) NIB Sealed

Other:

Auto Cart (?)

Boot Ease (?)

Proburner (9)

do you have a picture of boot ease?

On 3/12/2015 at 10:27 AM, Atari8bitCarts said:

When it comes to cartridges, I don't know where to start :)

I have something like 90% of all the carts.

Lifespan is up there.

The one and only personal fitness cartridge.

Romox's ECPC line-up

Roklan's proto/lab loaners

Boxed Mr Do's castle

All the Taiwan boxed carts

Magic Dump's

Cart clone

Matterhorn

Spark bugs both ECPC and prod shell mint

Infosoft 3000/5000

All the Chaukboard carts boxed

Poket modem complete

Proburner (2 versions)

Survival of the fittest

Rack em Up boxed and loose

Atari's Paddle jitter tester

CRM cart (for machine shop)

Atlantis and Demon Attack International versions.

Expando carts sealed with hardware.

come to mind

do you have any pictures of your rare cartridges?

As for rare, nothing much, I do have an Atari 1200xl, and a parrot digital sound system.  Which are perhaps more limited in supply, but regularly for sale anyway.

What I'd like to say I have, but I do not, is I've wanted the 8-bit pbi connector allowing to use the ST's Supra Drive hdd.  Never seen one for sale, not that I look every day.

16 minutes ago, Meadow Glen said:

As for rare, nothing much, I do have an Atari 1200xl, and a parrot digital sound system.  Which are perhaps more limited in supply, but regularly for sale anyway.

What I'd like to say I have, but I do not, is I've wanted the 8-bit pbi connector allowing to use the ST's Supra Drive hdd.  Never seen one for sale, not that I look every day.

@Meadow Glen  Re 1200XLs, my experience in the UK is you can't find em anywhere. I saw only one  listed on Ebay.com too when I looked yesterday. Would love to get my hands on a 1200XL in the UK.:grin: I read somewhere around 80k of them were made in the 80s.