IGNORED

Pacmanplus

Stun Runner 87

P.s, everyone should also be thankful for people like Al,Curt, Ken Siders, Mark Ball, Shawn,CPUWiz, Ken Siders and anyone else I didn't mention that help bring these games to light for our enjoyment.

I'm thankful you guys exist.

I only wish I had these kind of technical skills.....

Edited by Stun Runner 87
  • Like 7

P.s, everyone should also be thankful for people like Al,Curt, Ken Siders, Mark Ball, Shawn,CPUWiz, Ken Siders and anyone else I didn't mention that help bring these games to light for our enjoyment.

I'm thankful you guys exist.

I only wish I had these kind of technical skills.....

There's two Ken Siders? :P

Not so many ago, I meet the founder of an association of arcade collectors and Atari enthusiast, and he told me that he loved 2600 but he was dissapointed with some 7800 titles. I replied that there is a excellent homebrew scene, making remakes and new games for the system, and can be so important as commercial games launched back in the day. So I leaved there two games from Pacmanplus. There NTSC and one has incompatibility with PAL console, but I hope to give PAL version of his games in the future giving a better display.

The vitrine showing an Atari 7800 including Pacmanplus games looks more complete now :) and It's my way for give a little feedback for his excellent work. Thanks Bob!!

post-4582-0-75900200-1427231065_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

No Zombie game? :skull: :woozy: :_(

I shall make a Zombie game for the VCS. It will not be the awesome sauce of this project, but I will do my best and dedicate it to Pacmanplus, one of the BEST Atari programmers that ever was or will be!!

Please get that stuff locked down and come back! I've been bashed here too and have considered leaving and just sticking to programming in my corner.

Please remember, most of the complainers DON'T KNOW or DO jack CRAAAAP! (they know how to attack with words from the safety of a keyboard, but that's about it!)

You're the best and we need more like you here!! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Look, anyone making better games today than what we had in 1983 has my support. I've bought well over 25 homebrews in the AA store and tried to show my appreciation to the programmers when I can, even if sometimes I don't have a clue how the nitty gritty programming works. I bought a 7800 mainly to play Bob's awesome 'brews, that's why news of his departure saddened me so much. :sad:

The asshats responsible for the trolling deserve to be placed in the stocks, have their pants pulled down, and publicly caned for what they did until their asses are blood red... :mad:

• Like 2

Look, anyone making better games today than what we had in 1983 has my support. I've bought well over 25 homebrews in the AA store and tried to show my appreciation to the programmers when I can, even if sometimes I don't have a clue how the nitty gritty programming works. I bought a 7800 mainly to play Bob's awesome 'brews, that's why news of his departure saddened me so much. :sad:

The asshats responsible for the trolling deserve to be placed in the stocks, have their pants pulled down, and publicly caned for what they did until their asses are blood red... :mad:

They deserve the Chinese water torture.

Whoever did this to Bob should be strapped down in a dungeon and forced to play E.T for the 2600 for the rest of there life.

?

• Like 1

I've been bashed here too and have considered leaving and just sticking to programming in my corner.

I thought you wanted to leave because you thought a moderator deleted one of your posts?

atariage.com/forums/topic/235444-titan-axe-beta/?p=3187924

Well, I've officially had a post deleted from this forum with no explanation why. It was an extremely informative post and it is really pi$$ing me off that someone couldn't have just edited it (with the authority of an admin that would have been easy..) or, at the very least, explained to me why it was deleted. I can see that seeking maturity enough to care about the truth is not something for a forum like this. I check my facts quite well and am certain that I wasn't overstepping any boundaries. I think someone just wanted to hurt me and that's what they did.

I will be working on my games and probably avoiding the forum as a tool for communication as the truth really has very little place being expressed here. I can see that if it's enough truth to rouse anyone at all it's as likely to be deleted without explanation.

. . . .

..I really wish I would have saved that post. I've read posts about giving Nintendo carts blowjobs on this forum and to have a ultra-informative post deleted, as this was, is a sign that if people are jealous of you or are just looking for a reason to single you out or hurt you then all they have to do is complain. I'm sure someone could find a reason to delete many of the comments on this forum if they wanted to single someone out. Many off topic posts are made regularly.

I'll be gone for a while. I've got real life issues here at home anyway, so I guess things happen for a reason.

But, thanks again, guys - best of luck with the XM, and I know there's going to be some great games with RegEng's 7800Basic!

Bob, I wish you the best of luck. We will miss you.

You have donated an immense heritage to this community, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I hope you'll come back someday.

• Like 4

Bob has some real-world stuff to take care of and it's taking his time up currently, and along with a period of asshattery by a few users here his 7800 time was back-burnered. I think all of us can and do understand that. That said, I'm confident that as time goes and things calm down for Bob in his life, he'll come back to amaze us all with his incredible work. In the meantime, it's not like there's a shortage of Bob's games to play, right? :)

See ya soon, Bob!

• Like 1

Hey Bob,

Having been around on the net for a while, I've seen this type of behavior before. There are people who delight in trolling other people who are more talented and popular than themselves. They have little positive to offer, so they tear others down to build themselves up.

It's sad, it's mean and the fact that their tactics work makes it even worse.

You should be aware that nearly everyone in this community holds you in incredibly high regard. I seriously doubt if more than a handful of people on Atari age have anything but respect and admiration for what you offer this community.

That the Trolls have won in driving you away makes me so very incredibly sad. Please, please, please try not to give them more weight than they deserve and instead, focus on all your legions of fans who have purchased and enjoyed your ports instead.

I truly hope you can find balance in your personal life and are able to come back to us refreshed if or when you choose to.

P.s. The only home brew game I have ever spent my limited money on is one of yours.

Edited by Lendorien
  • Like 1

Hi Bob

do not care about some idiots....I would never answer any stupid PM...i would delete it ;)

In the Lynx forum....some guys posted,that it can take even several years...to finish a game.....

And Bentley was finished fast.....do not know,what problems this guy had.....

Everybody knows,that you and most of us have a private life....The 7800 is a great hobby.....and you should make us happy...because you want it.

Making 7800 games is not a must to do.

Why cannot this idiot be quiet or write his own games?99,9999999999 percent of the 7800 users are on your site

Hope to see you back.....,one day

do not be too frustrated,because of some idiots....

If this guy is brave enough.....

greetings Walter

Edited by gambler172
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping to inspire PacmanPlus by sharing this other KC Munchkin thread I had started as an alternative to the KC Munchkin blues; it starts out pure silliness with the VCS version going for 2k monies and a stick of butter and ends with an awesome conversation with Retro Rogue and retro luminary Tod Frye:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/228859-the-130000-game-preorder-thread

PacmanPlus your games are really awesome; next time just turn the trolls into flowers and bunny rabbits - that's easy to do on AtariAge :)

post-30777-0-99238200-1429028227_thumb.jpg

PacmanPlus your games are really awesome; next time just turn the trolls into flowers and bunny rabbits - that's easy to do on AtariAge :)

attachicon.gifgorn.jpg

Depends on what type of "bunny rabbit" you are referring to. I'd steer clear of the Monty Python type! :o

4fdd6621-26d5-4991-9363-c8e8f559941d.jpg

Edited by stardust4ever

I thought you wanted to leave because you thought a moderator deleted one of your posts?

atariage.com/forums/topic/235444-titan-axe-beta/?p=3187924

I changed my mind because this forum is in dire need of creative programmers.

Also, thanks for linking to my game! Everyone try out Titan Axe!

Oh, and RT, there's a signal down the street flashing away (I think it's telling people to stop and go, but I'm not sure) you better go take that down quick!!

Saying that it might be a good thing for awesome looking games to be kept from the limelight to 'make the old collection look better' just encourages me to make games that look even more awesome! I'm someone that does my own graphics, music, sound effects, programming and have around fifteen projects that all look as good as Titan Axe or better! My wife is on here now and having fun and the sting of initial insults has faded. My game will be published and hopefully help people to see that the Atari still has some potential to dazzle retro lovers and people looking for that old school feel.

I didn't 'think' that a moderator deleted my post, my post WAS deleted (or some magical code goblin ate it! I guess those are here!?)! There are some seriously evil a$$holes on this forum that gang up on and attack people quite regularly. When that stops (moderated?) then the forum will be safe again for people like Bob, who it is truly a great place for. Nice people with talents expressing themselves openly and hooking you up at the same time should be protected!

Would you like me to leave? I suppose a great looking game like mine may make those old crappy games look stale!?! I was just making the best game that I could within 32K (4K graphics) on the standard kernel. I actually enjoy playing the game I made, as do my kids and wife and hopefully anyone who has tried it since it's last updates.

I also really like many of the homebrew games that are growing up here on the forum and foresee them becoming excellent carts in the future! There are many talented beginning programmers here! I really hope they don't get driven away by the insults they may face in promoting themselves here.

Edited by Papa

Oh, and RT, there's a signal down the street flashing away (I think it's telling people to stop and go, but I'm not sure) you better go take that down quick!!

Related links:

additudemag.com/adhd/article/8945.html

chronicfatigue.about.com/od/symptoms/p/light-noise-sensitivity-in-fibromyalgia-chronic-fatigue-syndrome.htm

randomterrain.com/rt-aspergers-syndrome-memory-eyesight.html#field_of_view

• Like 2

I didn't 'think' that a moderator deleted my post, my post WAS deleted (or some magical code goblin ate it! I guess those are here!?)! There are some seriously evil a$$holes on this forum that gang up on and attack people quite regularly. When that stops (moderated?) then the forum will be safe again for people like Bob, who it is truly a great place for. Nice people with talents expressing themselves openly and hooking you up at the same time should be protected!

I don't think this is a fair statement at all. There is no "gang" of seriously evil assholes who attack people "quite regularly". There are tons of homebrew programmers on AtariAge, and what you are describing is not common at all. What happened with Bob was no "gang", but just some people who individually made inconsiderate comments (privately, even), and Bob decided to step away for a while and take a break. Unfortunately, the nature of forums is such that some people are going to be rude form time to time. AtariAge is not heavily moderated, and for the most part things run relatively smoothly. Nobody here is getting paid to moderate the forums, including myself (the money from subscriptions, of which there aren't that many overall, does not even come close to covering the hosting costs for the site).

However, I have been making more of an effort recently to warn people who are attacking other users. Compared to many other forums I have been on, AtariAge is relatively free of flame wars and drama. It's going to happen from time to time, though, and I will do my best to make sure they don't get out of control.

..Al

• Like 7

This forum is extremely tame compared to lots of others.

There are some people who seem to get away with being ruder than others here, due to their longevity posting here and stature in the atari retro gaming community. Lots of smart asses looking down their noses at people who might have inferior collections, or opinions that aren't toeing the line.

It's a great board with a wealth of awesome info, but the know it all "rulers of the scene" being treated like royalty, even when behaving badly is a bit tiresome.

• Like 2

It's a great board with a wealth of awesome info, but the know it all "rulers of the scene" being treated like royalty, even when behaving badly is a bit tiresome.

I will not hesitate to warn and ultimately ban such people if they do not contribute constructively to conversations. I have the ability to kick people out of individual threads, and when that does not work, ultimately kick them off the site. And this does happen.

..Al

I won't name any names, but I have seen personally a group of four or more people that belittle and bash people for arguing their opinions, even labeling them 'trolls' when all they do is defend what they know or believe. They attack what someone says calling them 'stupid' or worse and then their tight little group 'likes' everything that was said in belittling fashion! I don't program games under the stipulations that they should fit everyone in the world with all manner of disability. Occasional screen flashing is in several old school games and fit's in to many of those, in my opinion. Check on the Jaguar side of the forum if you want to see some heavy concentrations of badgering. I've talked to people privately who feel they have been (and I have been) singled out for verbal attack and it is degrading! Atari is something considered widely to be safe for children and is tame compared to modern media. If a child were to play Atari and then find this forum they would likely run into several components that would deflect/shock them! I would recommend heavier moderation.

I am a member of several forums, this having been one where my opinions or ideas have been attacked more heavily than on others. From the other side of the fence, I think more moderation would benefit it greatly.