IGNORED

Pacmanplus

Stun Runner 87

Yeah, but we don't know what type of guy Bob is. Assuming he's a family man, getting caught up in such a seductress's spider web could wreck his life far worse than abunch of old Atari fanatics ever could. That said, nice pic! Harkens back to those wild hottub parties Atari execs were said to partake... :rolling: :thumbsup:

More the programmer/developers for awhile than the CEOs... which actually partially explains what happened to Atari as well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Over the years I've picked up the following carts:

• Asteroids Deluxe
  • Astro Blaster
  • Crazy Brix
  • Frenzy
  • Jr. Pac-Man
  • Moon Cresta
  • Pac-Man Collection
  • Scramble
  • Space Invaders

All excellent games IMHO. Thanks Bob, good to hear your back! :)

• 1 month later...

Bob, where did ya go! We're starting to miss you around here! :)

He joined a KISS tribute band and won't be back until their "Hotter Than Hell" summer tour has ended. :D

He's not dead. Neiter is Elvis. Rumor has it PMP is working on porting Baby Pac to the 7800. Both the Video and Pinball portions. It will be epic. Insta-buy!!! :grin:

I'm here. :) Thanks... and Defender is kicking my ass. I thought I was ready, but I'm starting to think I need to put it aside for a while, like I did with Frenzy, until I feel I can get past the issues.

... and I haven't even begun Baby Pac yet.

@Random Terrain: :lol: wouldn't *THAT* be cool :)

• Like 8

I'm here. :) Thanks... and Defender is kicking my ass. I thought I was ready, but I'm starting to think I need to put it aside for a while, like I did with Frenzy, until I feel I can get past the issues.

Baby Pac would break the internet. :grin:

• Like 1

And let's not forget the zombie game! Dual Joystick support, please! :)

PM me about the issues and I'll see if my super-autism-powers can help with some logic hangups. (I played a bit more of the arcade game to discover some logic cheats for processing.)

Also, Clean Sweep? Or can I pay you to wrap that up with me? :)

That'll be interesting, just to see the screens line-up.

I'm here. :) Thanks... and Defender is kicking my ass.

Well, if they could pull off a passable version of Stargate / Defender II for the 2600, we have faith you can do the idea justice on the 7800. Take your time, do it to your own satisfaction. It'll be great. :)

PM me about the issues and I'll see if my super-autism-powers can help with some logic hangups. (I played a bit more of the arcade game to discover some logic cheats for processing.)

Also, Clean Sweep? Or can I pay you to wrap that up with me? :)

It actually isn't about logic at this point - it's getting everything on the screen, and some things happening off-screen. i.e. I really don't want to have stationary humanoids like the 2600 version of Stargate, but there's already a lot happening on the screen (I already had to switch from 320B mode to 160A mode early on... Too many things going on ...)

I haven't looked at Clean Sweep yet. :(

Edited by PacManPlus

It actually isn't about logic at this point - it's getting everything on the screen, and some things happening off-screen. i.e. I really don't want to have stationary humanoids like the 2600 version of Stargate, but there's already a lot happening on the screen (I already had to switch from 320B mode to 160A mode early on... Too many things going on ...)

In arcade Defender, you'll notice that a lot of things only APPEAR to be happening off-screen but really aren't. Humanoids only move on screen, etc. There's a different movement logic for a lot of the aliens when they're on-screen as opposed to off-screen as well. I guess my advice here would be to step back and look at what doesn't need to be updated when an alien isn't on the screen and start making cuts accordingly.

Defender is a busy game, but the devs of the arcade version cheated heavily to get all that to work.

I haven't looked at Clean Sweep yet. :(

Not exactly a priority, but I thought it would be easy to hammer out and update. I can see why you got tired of it, though it still has the potential to be a good unusual Pac-Man clone. But they couldn't be bothered to actually finish the game on the Vectrex itself! :P

PacManPlus,

Have you played Protector (Defender) on the Vectrex? That's quite a faithful Defender on an ancient console.

That Alex Herbert was brilliant like you! So sad he disappeared from the scene.

Most people put Vector Pilot (Time Pilot) ahead of Protector, but not me because it seems Defender on Vectrex would be much more difficult than Time Pilot on the Vectrex. Both these games are at the top of my "Best Of" list for many reasons such as game play, and "Shouldn't Be Possible".

P.S. I know what you mean by the stationary humans, when you rescue them and set them down, they are put the same distance apart and not where you returned them to the surface. However, two human close together means and addtional onscreen object.

• Like 1

PacManPlus,

Have you played Protector (Defender) on the Vectrex? That's quite a faithful Defender on an ancient console.

That Alex Herbert was brilliant like you! So sad he disappeared from the scene.

Most people put Vector Pilot (Time Pilot) ahead of Protector, but not me because it seems Defender on Vectrex would be much more difficult than Time Pilot on the Vectrex. Both these games are at the top of my "Best Of" list for many reasons such as game play, and "Shouldn't Be Possible".

P.S. I know what you mean by the stationary humans, when you rescue them and set them down, they are put the same distance apart and not where you returned them to the surface. However, two human close together means and addtional onscreen object.

Actually, Defender should be easier to do on a Vectrex instead of a 7800 because the Vectrex has a 6809 CPU just like arcade Defender.

I checked out Protector on Youtube and it is very impressive. I really need to pick up a Vectrex some day.

Highly recommended if you have the resources for it.
Mine Storm, Berzerk, Star Trek, Blitz, Spike (w/speech), Scramble, Clean Sweep, Heads-Up, Armor Attack...Just a few titles I can recall off the top of my head that a buddy of mine had. Used to hang out in his parent's basement spending hours on those games.
It is a unique home console experience, combining the analog joystick with four buttons, vertical vector display, and different color overlays for each game with controller mappings at the bottom. Truly nothing else like it. It's really cool! :)
  • Like 2