IGNORED

Tempest from UK ACE magazine (Lost Dragon finds)

high voltage

@Serblander:Glad you liked it (and big thanks to High Voltage as always for putting it up on my behalf).Thought i'd forward it on, with Tempest 2000 Thread being popular of late.

Nice addt.piece i thought to show how another UK Coder (well team) envisaged a modern update on Tempest a good few years prior to Jeff's vision on the Jaguar.

@Serblander:Glad you liked it (and big thanks to High Voltage as always for putting it up on my behalf).Thought i'd forward it on, with Tempest 2000 Thread being popular of late.

Nice addt.piece i thought to show how another UK Coder (well team) envisaged a modern update on Tempest a good few years prior to Jeff's vision on the Jaguar.

As they were speculating on tempest 92, wouldn't it have been possible Jeff was already working on t2k? And that's the reason their version never made it past concept? Not sure how well that version would have played, doesn't get my juices flowing.

Still an interesting read, thanks for sharing :)

The ACE Tempest was just a feature, short-lived as it was, they basically took a 'high profile' UK developer and asked how they'd envisage a modern take on an arcade classic.

Bullfrog pitched their concept of a modern update on Frogger, but i cannot recal any more off the top of my head.

I don't think there was ever any series attempt to update Tempest by the Bitmap Bros, this was just a pure fantasy piece.