IGNORED

Atari 820 Printer

adamchevy

Im not sure what a great condition one is worth but I am willing to pay considerable $$$ depending on condition.

I have one on a shelf somewhere. I believe it was at the engineering labs at Atari. It's marked Eng labs and came from Atari about 10 years ago (when I got it from a seller) . It might not be in the best shape, and is heavy as $%^$.

• Like 1

Here it is, I also have the original manual. Would be interested in trades of course (carts).

It will need some work, the carriage does move and attempts to print. The ribbon is shot though. It looks like it hasn't been started in 20+ years. But it's clean. It had Engineering Labs written on it. I found it a box of stuff from Atari about 10+ years ago. That same box had that preliminary DOS manual I posted on Atarimania, and several other "finds".

SOLD

post-27608-0-72524600-1426680036_thumb.jpg

post-27608-0-52906500-1426680042_thumb.jpg

post-27608-0-17882100-1426680051_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, what are people using or wanting to use these for? Wonder if anyone BITD used an A8 and this printer as a POS (point of sale/cash register) station. Would be neat purchasing something, only to have it rung up by a 400/800. An Amiga (I know, the irony!) shop I frequented used an Atari ST, monochrome monitor and a dot matrix printer as their POS. :lol:

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, what are people using or wanting to use these for? Wonder if anyone BITD used an A8 and this printer as a POS (point of sale/cash register) station. Would be neat purchasing something, only to have it rung up by a 400/800. An Amiga (I know, the irony!) shop I frequented used an Atari ST, monochrome monitor and a dot matrix printer as their POS. .lol:

I'm not sure what people would use one of these for now days, a cash register would be pretty cool to see. I want it mainly to complete my current setup . I have an 800 hooked up to an 810, and an 850 hooked up to a lantronix. I would use it to print from Atari productivity software and basic graphics( which I'm not sure is possible or has ever been done). Hopefully I'll find one in good working condition someday.

Congrats. The 820 is text only. But, a great printer. I use mine all the time, even to write letters. The receiver doesn't like it much (the long printouts).

Thanks, Im going to use mine to print out assembly code mostly. I look forward to getting it up and running.

You're gonna be upset with me when I tell you that San Jose Computer almost had to force me to buy one for $15.00 back in the day. I ordered some stuff from him. He said, "Hey, you know what I got?" He said he had 820s for fifteen bucks! I said, "Why would I want one of those?" His response was, "Why not?" I couldn't argue with that logic. He shipped all my goodies for $5! I have been using it every since. Love it.

• Like 2

You're gonna be upset with me when I tell you that San Jose Computer almost had to force me to buy one for $15.00 back in the day. I ordered some stuff from him. He said, "Hey, you know what I got?" He said he had 820s for fifteen bucks! I said, "Why would I want one of those?" His response was, "Why not?" I couldn't argue with that logic. He shipped all my goodies for $5! I have been using it every since. Love it.

That's crazy cheap. Apparently they are crazy rare to find now days. Especially new in the box. Hopefully I find one someday. Its probably gonna cost me over $200 for sure . I'm just a few years to late getting started with the Atari 8bit.

This is a classic example of Supply and Demand. When I bought mine, about 1986 or so. The Atari computers were starting to fall out of favor and the dealers had tons of stock taking up space. I got a little crazy because all of the stuff I ever wanted (but could not afford) was suddenly real cheap. I mean, boxed games were $2.99, stuff like that. I bought a lot, but now I am searching, just like you, for things I always wanted. Prices have skyrocketed. I was lucky to get what I really needed, and still use it now. What I would really like to see is a replacement print wheel for the Atari 1027 LQ Printer. I loved that slow printer. It was fantastic for letters and such. But no one cares about that lowly printer.

• Like 2

This is a classic example of Supply and Demand. When I bought mine, about 1986 or so. The Atari computers were starting to fall out of favor and the dealers had tons of stock taking up space. I got a little crazy because all of the stuff I ever wanted (but could not afford) was suddenly real cheap. I mean, boxed games were $2.99, stuff like that. I bought a lot, but now I am searching, just like you, for things I always wanted. Prices have skyrocketed. I was lucky to get what I really needed, and still use it now. What I would really like to see is a replacement print wheel for the Atari 1027 LQ Printer. I loved that slow printer. It was fantastic for letters and such. But no one cares about that lowly printer.

What's amazing is how some of these items just disappear almost completely , when just a few years ago(like 2010) best electronics and myatari had these in stock. Its hard to think of them as rare when they sold for over 30 years from online retailers. I have searched all over the internet and there's not even a mention of anyone having one besides on old posts on AtariAge and very rarely on eBay. Good luck with your search for the 1027 print wheel. I'll keep my digital eyes open while I search for an 820.