IGNORED

Desecrating TI's

Omega-TI

Yeah, the "circuit bending" one makes me sad too. When I first saw that years ago, I looked into the trend to see what was up, and as far as I can tell, people would just randomly short traces to see what happened. Maybe they've advanced since then, but no engineering of any sort.

This one seems to just hack out (or with) the VRAM. I'm sure it produces interesting results from time to time ...

Yeah that circuit bending thing strange. Like you say, not based on any engineering knowledge. Purely random. I mean, why not just throw it down a flight of stairs and see what happens?*

* In the TI's case, probably not a lot would happen. It'd probably work just fine, but you might hurt its feelings. Poor thing.

• Like 2

I am surprised that no one has ever tried to splice together a 4a and an original rubber keyed ZX Spectrum, Madness-i hear you say!!!!!

Well oincidentally, the Spectrum is almost exactly the same width as the black keyboard surround of the 4a-and the Spectrum keyboard area is pretty much identical in size to that of the 4a.

I am surprised that no one has ever tried to splice together a 4a and an original rubber keyed ZX Spectrum, Madness-i hear you say!!!!!

Well oincidentally, the Spectrum is almost exactly the same width as the black keyboard surround of the 4a-and the Spectrum keyboard area is pretty much identical in size to that of the 4a.

Why put an inferior keyboard into a TI? That definitely would fit the definition of desecration :grin:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

ooohhh no no no the 99/4 might have been bad with it's calc-let keys but nothing gets near the dead flesh keys of the speccy.

Tried programming one of those once. It would be fun, they said.

I gave up after 30 seconds. :)

Such blasphemy! Be gone - heathen!

I must have burned literally thousands of hours on those rubber keyboards. Once you learned where all the keywords where they were really good!

• Like 2

Makes me feel sad, I even feel reluctant to drill a hole for a reset switch. :(

I'm bad bad person... I don't mind drilling into my TI if it's for a good cause. So far I've only drilled two, one the F18A's VGA connector and another for a PS/2 keyboard. Who knows what the future may bring? Anyone coming up with a new piece of hardware we cannot live without?

Such blasphemy! Be gone - heathen!

I must have burned literally thousands of hours on those rubber keyboards. Once you learned where all the keywords where they were really good!

Admittedly, they are surprisingly fast to code with, as you say, when you learn where the keywords are ... I just looked up the word "Heathen" and got this :

"a person who does not belong to a widely held religion" .... haha! I have to say the Spectrum WAS a widely held religion for us UK lot. If you didn't own one in our school you got looked at a bit funny. I had a TI99 and no one knew what it was!