IGNORED

Season 4 - The New HSC - Week 9 = Space Cavern

JacobZu7zu7

Ok pulled my finger out a bit and had a alot better runs, one thing i dont like is the placement after loosing a life. Fried two of my men right at the end as it placed me on the side with no where to run, then i got instantly bombed :mad: . Anyway this was my best run until the major bombardment happend.

Space Cavern: 1BB

post-30687-0-39370700-1426639125_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tony The 2600
  • Like 2

Ok pulled my finger out a bit and had a alot better runs, one thing i dont like is the placement after loosing a life. Fried two of my men right at the end as it placed me on the side with no where to run, then i got instantly bombed :mad: . Anyway this was my best run until the major bombardment happend.

Space Cavern: 1BB

Space Cavern (1981) (Apollo).jpg

Great job, almost double :)

Those little sidewinder punks are infuriating!

Pretty nice improvement. My current strategy is to focus on the shaggy marsupods. They are worth the most (200pts) and they are the only thing guaranteed to kill you when they show up. I cannot figure out what governs their appearance, but they seem to come in clusters. I will go 10K and never see one, then all of a sudden see a dozen in 20 seconds. So when that happens I pretty much stop shooting at the guys in the sky and just focus on dodging their shots and blasting marsupods. By staying near center and pushing back and forth I can rack up points pretty quickly until the cluster ends. Sometimes you can get lucky and the flying enemies will get stuck in a vertical movement and you can sit relatively safely.

That's what I'm working with right now.

post-409-0-35640500-1426648147_thumb.jpg

Edited by StanJr
  • Like 3