Sword of Iffrit

sword of iffrit bB viking atari games

105 replies to this topic

#101 WizardBone OFFLINE  

WizardBone

Star Raider

• 79 posts

Posted Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:06 PM

Thanks I can't wait to play the new T.R.A.S.H.!!! It's made me think of making a survival horror game next.

you should! did you come up with a concept? i wanna seeee

#102 StanJr OFFLINE  

StanJr

Web-slinger

• 14,963 posts
  • fun or bust

Posted Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:16 PM

Have you dramatically increased the difficulty?  Birds are killing me almost instantly here lately.  They are really hard to hit and once they are on you, it's death. Having a much harder time beating the game due to the birds of death.

Not at all upset about the new map layout or screens.

Got some weirdness with the health bar.  Upon replenishing, it sometimes appears on the right side of the screen and then depletes in an odd fashion.  (see picture)

Did you shrink the size of the world?  Seems like there are fewer overall screens.  I miss the drawbridge, but I understand losing it if the mechanism wasn't working properly.

Greatly enjoying the game, can't wait to see the End screen!

Attached Thumbnails

• Sword of Iffrit 9-16-17.png

Edited by StanJr, Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:17 PM.

#103 ultima OFFLINE  

ultima

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 129 posts

Posted Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:43 PM

Have you dramatically increased the difficulty?  Birds are killing me almost instantly here lately.  They are really hard to hit and once they are on you, it's death. Having a much harder time beating the game due to the birds of death.

I changed the dragons attack and I did speed the birds up. Are you using the sword or bow?
The bow is easier but I might slow them down a tad more if it helps.

Got some weirdness with the health bar.  Upon replenishing, it sometimes appears on the right side of the screen and then depletes in an odd fashion.  (see picture)

The drinking horn does not refill your health only mushrooms do that now. The drinking horn fills the right meter and if you hit an enemy it does extra damage until the right meter runs out.

Did you shrink the size of the world?  Seems like there are fewer overall screens.  I miss the drawbridge, but I understand losing it if the mechanism wasn't working properly.

Actually the world is larger, I did remove 2 screens but added 4 and almost have the new area of Hel finished. If I have enough room there may be some special portal areas in the next build too. The drawbridge had to go because of the path layout it made more sense to not have a one way bridge there. It will be moved to another location where it is needed.

#104 ultima OFFLINE  

ultima

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 129 posts

Posted Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:55 PM

you should! did you come up with a concept? i wanna seeee

So far I'm thinking of the mobile game HOME and that it will be in DPC +. The tough part will be the text while searching but if I use micro fonts it might be just enough. Also want some guns with limited ammo, lots of dark locations using haunted house style light with a few jump scares, and whatever I can whip up for disturbing situations. Lol

#105 StanJr OFFLINE  

StanJr

Web-slinger

• 14,963 posts
  • fun or bust

Posted Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:08 PM

Ok!  Gave it more time today.  I think the difficulty is pretty spot on, although full health restore after each boss might make things a little too easy.  Maybe just have the boss drop a mushroom?

Is that cave right off the boat on the western shore going to be active in the future?

The Dragon boss is much more challenging now that he moves around the room rather than just staying on the right!

The Demon boss is still WAY too easy as long as you get in the room with him and stay in the upper left corner (see pic).  Since he holds the sword, I would expect a real challenge from him.  As it stands he's the easiest of the bosses.  

The birds are a menace, but that just maintains an eternal truth about video games:  the birds/bats are always the most annoying threat in the game.  No worries.

I like the additional ending FMV!

I totally get and appreciate the power of the horn.  I try to save it for the birds!

I beat the entire game with the bow.  Is there a way to incentivize the use of the sword or is it just for personal preference and a means of choosing a difficulty level?

I am loving this game and the theme! Keep up the great work!

Attached Thumbnails

• Sword of Iffrit 9-16-17.png

#106 WizardBone OFFLINE  

WizardBone

Star Raider

• 79 posts

Posted Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:49 PM

So far I'm thinking of the mobile game HOME and that it will be in DPC +. The tough part will be the text while searching but if I use micro fonts it might be just enough. Also want some guns with limited ammo, lots of dark locations using haunted house style light with a few jump scares, and whatever I can whip up for disturbing situations. Lol

I have an idea for you actually. I been tossing around the idea myself, I been thinkin about doing of an rpg type game after i'm done with trash. But I like sharing ideas.
I was wondering "how the heck will you get text for speech" such as talking to a towns folk for info and missions.
My idea was, use the score bar numbers!  I'll briefly explain lol
Say you walked up to a dude standing around or an item, when you collide with him or it, the score bar will change to a number. Let say when you go to him the score bar will say 000080
Now the thing is, the game would come with a book of text and convos. Those text are labeled with a number in the book. So then you would look to see what the number 80 meant, or what someone is saying. Then continue your adventure.
SO ANYWAYS, my point is, say you are searching in a game, a number can still pop up on the score bar, then the player has to refer to their book of convos and details. lollll random idea, but I like it for a slow paced game. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sword of iffrit, bB, viking, atari games

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users