IGNORED

A Commodore subforum on the horizon?

Just when I thought life could not get any worse, Atariage forum now contains dedicated Commodore threads,this reminds me of the treachery involved when shooting an Atari sign in the Atari version of Mercenary, it's just too much-sob, sob :( :( :( :(

Not sure if you're serious, but there are already hundreds of dedicated Commodore threads. They are now just grouped together in two Commodore-related forums. There is no reason whatsoever why people cannot enjoy more than one system. It's not like you have to pledge exclusivity to Commodore or Atari, in the same way that many people own more than one modern game console (PS4, Wii U, Xbox One, etc.)

..Al

• Like 7

I hit the Amiga machines pretty hard-core back in the day. These days I like the Amiga, Atari 8-bits, and the Atari STe equally.

The Apple IIe and Color Computer II feature highly as well.

So I really find it hard to imagine being stuck in the old flag-waving mentality.

There are lots of great machines out there for people to discover (and re-discover).

I can safely say that AtariAge is the best computing forum I'm ever seen. Much of that has to do with diversity.

I was not "into" the 16-bit computer era, and I had an Atari 800XL until a Macintosh 4400 in the late 90's.

But there is all that "head of Commodore Jack Tramiel taking over Atari" that is all hard to understand.

Like I said I wasn't into 16-bit home computers, but I remember, probably wrongly, that the Atari-developed machine was made by Commodore, or some kind of a switch thing.

So that said, a Commodore Forum of any kind here at Atari makes sense to me!

Not sure if you're serious, but there are already hundreds of dedicated Commodore threads. They are now just grouped together in two Commodore-related forums. There is no reason whatsoever why people cannot enjoy more than one system. It's not like you have to pledge exclusivity to Commodore or Atari, in the same way that many people own more than one modern game console (PS4, Wii U, Xbox One, etc.)

..Al

It's ok, you can all take a chill pill, I am an ex first time round CBM128 and Amiga 500 user, I now have 3 VIC 20's, 2 c64's a C128 and an Amiga, but none of them ever replaced my ti99/4a or Atari 800XL.