IGNORED

Keystone Kapers - Atari XL/XE or Colecovision?

AtariLeaf

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/311320654113?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I was watching this auction last night and it was swooped up, not unexpectedly. I was looking at the picture and it was originally listed as Atari 5200. I contacted the seller telling him that it definitely wasn't. He then changed it to the current XL/XE however upon closer inspection I'm leaning toward this being the Colecovision version. It's hard to tell size since there's no context in the picture but when I look at pics of an Atari 8-bit version of Keystone Kapers it looks shorter and the picture is more cropped at the bottom. I have the colecovision version and it looks exactly like this pic so I'm leaning toward it being CV

What do you think? CV or XL/XE - if it's the former, the buyer got a great deal. If it's the latter, it was a fantastic deal.

Edited by AtariLeaf

I was that unlikely victim trying to pick up a great game for peanuts. I really didn't look at the pic. I jumped on the buy now, hell $8 is good.

And then was contacted by the seller, I think I screwed up and this is coleco.

What really burns me up is that he states everything is tested! Then when asked he said he didn't. He didn't even know what platform it was for.

I was watching it for over an hour before you bought it. If I had even a slight inkling it was A8 you wouldn't have had to worry about it ;)

Boy, I wished you had. It would have saved me the trouble. :)

I'm not sure why I like the game, I don't seem to be good at it. But maybe I need to give it another chance.

I've always thought it looked good.

I was fortunate to have picked up a NIB copy in addition to loose :)