Colecovision Homebrew Project Tracker Thread

234 replies to this topic

#51 retroillucid ONLINE  

retroillucid

Facebook.com/Collectorvision

• 7,438 posts
  • CollectorVision Games - Publishing Homebrew

Posted Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:23 PM

I added it.  Since it's not a boxed game (or will it be one?) and since there is already a ROM released, I put it as "Beta Development" since it seems like you're still tweaking it.  Either way, it's there now and people can find the information about it!

Something tell me it's going to be available complete in box ;)

#52 TPR OFFLINE  

TPR

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,714 posts

Posted Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:25 PM

^ Good to know!  ;)

#53 Tursi OFFLINE  

Tursi

River Patroller

• 4,852 posts
  • HarmlessLion

Posted Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:49 PM

I added it.  Since it's not a boxed game (or will it be one?) and since there is already a ROM released, I put it as "Beta Development" since it seems like you're still tweaking it.  Either way, it's there now and people can find the information about it!

I'd say alpha, there's still features missing. :) But it'll be beta eventually, so no need to update it! Thanks!

#54 CrazyBoss OFFLINE  

CrazyBoss

Moonsweeper

• 327 posts

Posted Sun Aug 2, 2015 12:48 PM

I can confirm Sasa and jump land is running need a bit more testing. Starcommand runs but need a bit more work....

#55 TPR OFFLINE  

TPR

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,714 posts

Posted Sun Aug 2, 2015 1:00 PM

I can confirm Sasa and jump land is running need a bit more testing. Starcommand runs but need a bit more work....

Is there a page where I can link to those projects and I'll add them to the tracker thread.

#56 nanochess ONLINE  

nanochess

River Patroller

• 4,984 posts
  • Coding something good

Posted Sun Aug 2, 2015 1:02 PM

I can confirm I've shipped functional Mecha-9 beta, only adjusting graphics and sound at this time. :grin:

#57 TPR OFFLINE  

TPR

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,714 posts

Posted Sun Aug 2, 2015 1:07 PM

^ Updated!

#58 phattyboombatty OFFLINE  

phattyboombatty

Stargunner

• 1,107 posts

Posted Mon Aug 3, 2015 8:59 AM

What about Monster Bash? There hasn't been an update in quite some time, but the game development had received a big following. Wish RKGames would make an appearance!

#59 TPR OFFLINE  

TPR

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,714 posts

Posted Mon Aug 3, 2015 9:15 AM

What about Monster Bash? There hasn't been an update in quite some time, but the game development had received a big following. Wish RKGames would make an appearance!

I put it under "vaporware" since it's been nearly 2 years since the last update, but at least it's in there!

#60 retroillucid ONLINE  

retroillucid

• 7,438 posts

Posted Mon Aug 3, 2015 12:52 PM

Russ and I are working on another game at this moment

I put it under "vaporware" since it's been nearly 2 years since the last update, but at least it's in there!

Project is not dead , it's just on hold

#61 TPR OFFLINE  

TPR

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,714 posts

Posted Mon Aug 3, 2015 12:58 PM

Great to hear!  When it gets back to regular development, I'll put it up with the others.  Looking forward to what you guys have in store!

#62 retroillucid ONLINE  

retroillucid

• 7,438 posts

Posted Mon Aug 3, 2015 1:08 PM

Great to hear!  When it gets back to regular development, I'll put it up with the others.  Looking forward to what you guys have in store!

Same thing with Rip Cord
We're going to resume those games once our current project will be done

#63 phattyboombatty OFFLINE  

phattyboombatty

Stargunner

• 1,107 posts

Posted Mon Aug 3, 2015 1:12 PM

Yes, Monster Bash should not be considered "vaporware" since J-F is a) A well-known publisher who delivers and b) he is in contact with RKGames. "Vaporware" is reserved for projects that have no leads, no contact people in touch, or whose owners have declared abandonment of a project.

Edited by phattyboombatty, Mon Aug 3, 2015 1:13 PM.

#64 retroillucid ONLINE  

retroillucid

• 7,438 posts

Posted Mon Aug 3, 2015 1:17 PM

Yes, Monster Bash should not be considered "vaporware" since J-F is a) A well-known publisher who delivers and b) he is in contact with RKGames. "Vaporware" is reserved for projects that have no leads, no contact people in touch, or whose owners have declared abandonment of a project.

Yes, we're definitely going to release it , as well as Rip Cord

Right now, we're both working on our Curse of the Mayans game
Here's the artwork in case someone is interested to see it

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

#65 TPR OFFLINE  

TPR

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,714 posts

Posted Mon Aug 3, 2015 1:21 PM

While I don't really disagree with you, I set up the project tracker thread to keep track mainly of projects that are in currently active development and on their way to getting released.  If it's just a matter of semantics, I can change "vaporware" to "inactive projects" but really that's all it means.  And then as soon as a project goes active again, it can to back with the others.  

#66 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• 7,724 posts

Posted Mon Aug 3, 2015 1:25 PM

I would actually leave it as vaporware if I were you. If a homebrewer doesn't like seeing the term associated to his game, he should just finish it and release it. :P

After a couple of years of inactivity, a game is vaporware until proven otherwise. :twisted:

EDIT: So yeah, DKA is vaporware in my book... ;)

#67 retroillucid ONLINE  

retroillucid

• 7,438 posts

Posted Mon Aug 3, 2015 1:30 PM

I would actually leave it as vaporware if I were you. If a homebrewer doesn't like seeing the term associated to his game, he should just finish it and release it. :PAfter a couple of years of inactivity, a game is vaporware until proven otherwise. :twisted:EDIT: So yeah, DKA is vaporware in my book... ;)

I don't really mind if Monster Bash and Rip Cord stay as Vapoware
But keep in mind that BOTH games are almost all completed
And they will get release as soon as we can resume works on these

Oh and BTW: We're also planning to release Sydney Hunter & The Curse of the Mayans for the ColecoVision as well ;)

#68 TPR OFFLINE  

TPR

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,714 posts

Posted Mon Aug 3, 2015 2:00 PM

I would actually leave it as vaporware if I were you. If a homebrewer doesn't like seeing the term associated to his game, he should just finish it and release it. :P

This was kind of my thought exactly!  Being in the vaporware section isn't really a bad thing, it just means there hasn't been an update in at least one year.  I chose one year because I felt that if you hadn't heard anything at all from the programmer about a project in that time, it usually means that the title is on the back-burner or possibly abandoned. 

As soon as a programmer posts a new update, it will go right back into the active section.

There are a couple of the list now that are approaching a year since the last update: MazeaM, Penguin Adventure, SeaQuest, etc...

Even DKA had an update in April from Eduardo!  ;)

#69 retroillucid ONLINE  

retroillucid

• 7,438 posts

Posted Mon Aug 3, 2015 2:26 PM

Well, good things take forever to make :)
  • TPR likes this

#70 TPR OFFLINE  

TPR

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,714 posts

Posted Mon Aug 3, 2015 2:33 PM

Well, good things take forever to make :)

This way of thinking I totally buy into!  Remember, it's more about how long it's been since the last update not about how long a project has taken.  DKA might be taking forever, but at least there have been updates you can point to.  Personally, I'd rather a good homebrew take longer and be better than rush something through development.

One day, I'll be more open and talk about when Activision's management came to me and told me "We need another Call of Duty game in 9 months..."  The words I had for them were not "pleasant" and is one of many reasons why I chose not to stick around that company much longer!  ;)

#71 retroillucid ONLINE  

retroillucid

• 7,438 posts

Posted Mon Aug 3, 2015 2:40 PM

This way of thinking I totally buy into!  Remember, it's more about how long it's been since the last update not about how long a project has taken.  DKA might be taking forever, but at least there have been updates you can point to.  Personally, I'd rather a good homebrew take longer and be better than rush something through development.

One day, I'll be more open and talk about when Activision's management came to me and told me "We need another Call of Duty game in 9 months..."  The words I had for them were not "pleasant" and is one of many reasons why I chose not to stick around that company much longer!  ;)

Right on! :)

As for DKA , I'm not worried at all .... It's going to be release soon or later
Same is true for Monster Bash & Rip Cord

#72 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• 7,724 posts

Posted Mon Aug 3, 2015 2:51 PM

Right on! :)

As for DKA , I'm not worried at all .... It's going to be release soon or later
Same is true for Monster Bash & Rip Cord

And with the documentation about programming a MegaCart game in C language being more available now than it was a few years ago, there's no reason why Russ should sacrifice anything in his version of Monster Bash.

#73 retroillucid ONLINE  

retroillucid

• 7,438 posts

Posted Mon Aug 3, 2015 2:54 PM

And with the documentation about programming a MegaCart game in C language being more available now than it was a few years ago, there's no reason why Russ should sacrifice anything in his version of Monster Bash.

I agree

In the end, I think both games will benefit of the MegaCart
Well, less for Rip Cord of course but still

#74 youki OFFLINE  

youki

River Patroller

• 2,274 posts

Posted Tue Aug 4, 2015 12:56 AM

One day, I'll be more open and talk about when Activision's management came to me and told me "We need another Call of Duty game in 9 months..."  The words I had for them were not "pleasant" and is one of many reasons why I chose not to stick around that company much longer!   ;)

In France we call that game "call of Abruty..."    ,   i'm not sure how to translate 'Abruti'  in English... but it is something like " call of studid guy"  or "call of stupidy"... :)

Back to the topic.

Knight 'n more is not in development, it is completed since a while.  But as it won't be published by the usual colecovision publishers , it takes some time to put in place certains things.

I hope to have it published by the end of this year or begining of next year.

#75 neo*fan OFFLINE  

neo*fan

Star Raider

• 92 posts

Posted Wed Aug 5, 2015 11:32 AM

Knight 'n more is not in development, it is completed since a while.  But as it won't be published by the usual colecovision publishers , it takes some time to put in place certains things.

Published by Capcom I guess...  :P

You found a publisher in France?

I hope to have it published by the end of this year or begining of next year.

Everybody here would go crazy for the front cover of the box, or just a snapshot of the current game :thumbsup:

Edited by neo*fan, Wed Aug 5, 2015 11:32 AM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users