IGNORED

Jaglink videos?

Bikko

Can't say much about the gameplay as it almost speaks for itself, and don't know any videos.

The problem with 2-player Jag Doom is that the game sometimes freezes and immediately restarts, due to a bug in the network hardware.

Sometimes the game freezes a lot, and sometimes almost not, it's very random.

The game freezes more often with co-op than deathmatch, but raiding 3 or more levels in co-op is also possible without interrupts.

In my experience is it also that small levels give less interupts and sometimes not at all.

For example, level one is much, much fun in deathmatch mode and might not freeze at all.

I took a picture once, during a Jaglink Doom deathmatch session with no interrupts.

post-6068-0-15895000-1427146160_thumb.jpg

Today I don't really think linking doom on the Jaguar is really worth the hassle considering versions like the XBLA one that have many of the same features along with in-game music and nicer graphics. Back before the XBOX a friend and I linked up Doom and it constantly froze on us... not very reliable at all.

Played Battlesphere networked. Would like to play Aircars networked someday but only have one Jaguar and nobody else I knows has one anymore.

Honestly what you see on a Jaglinked game screen is basically no different than the 1P version of the game. Nothing that I think even a die-hard Jaguar fan would consider a "must see before you die" kind of thing :P

I wish more Jaguar games were splitscreen. Atari Karts, I-War are are below average for their genre imo, Ultra Vortek is mediocre in every way. Super burnout is the only 2P game for the Jaguar I can really put on without people edging toward the door :grin:

Thanks for the picture, lots of lazy space marines slacking around

They are all sleeping off that raspberry Jam

Can't say much about the gameplay as it almost speaks for itself, and don't know any videos.

The problem with 2-player Jag Doom is that the game sometimes freezes and immediately restarts, due to a bug in the network hardware.

Sometimes the game freezes a lot, and sometimes almost not, it's very random.

The game freezes more often with co-op than deathmatch, but raiding 3 or more levels in co-op is also possible without interrupts.

In my experience is it also that small levels give less interupts and sometimes not at all.

For example, level one is much, much fun in deathmatch mode and might not freeze at all.

I took a picture once, during a Jaglink Doom deathmatch session with no interrupts.

attachicon.gifP1010603.JPG

Yea I noticed that,

I do have Jaglink and two Jags (NTSC and PAL one has red light pal has Green) thought it might of been because of the amount of data being transmitted degrading over the 20 miles of cable they give you

I don't think you can link NTSC and PAL together and not have tons of problems through the Jaglink with one game running at 50Hz and the other at 60Hz. I think even if they could sync up at all it would cause all kinds of timing issues and more problems with the already buggy Doom network code, if it worked at all.

Aircars can't network between different versions and I'd assume would also have issues with 50/60Hz Jag networked together.

Battlesphere on the other hand may not have any issues. It doesn't have any networking issues at all, and Battlesphere classic and Gold both work together no prob. and with upto 16 systems all keeping syncing up together it's possible it could network between NTSC & PAL.

I'm lucky enough to have a friend, though he lives about 45 minutes away or more, and we are both Atari and Jag fans, so we do get together and have fun networking our consoles for head-to-head action. We have fun with Doom, used to have fun with BS, but I sold my copy and he never owned Aircars, so it's just Doom networked now. We generally can only get together once or twice a year anyway

But I have a nephew that lives near me and loves my Jag and is a Doom fanatic on any system, so if i get another Jag again we'll link up. I just wish i could get a couple copies of Battlesphere for a reasonable price. Aircars i could get a couple copies of B&C's version to network, but I already have a special edition KA Aircars and I doubt it would work with B&C's version if the ICD version won't. And I doubt I'll ever get another KA Aircars.

I once dreamed of owning like 4 Jag consoles and 4 copies each of Aircars and Battlesphere, but when they were originally available for retail price, I still couldn't afford more than one copy. Unless I win a lottery, I won't spend hundreds or thousands now just for some networked Jags. it doesn't seem like even a Jaguar console sells anymore for less than $150 online now. The only good thing is that with the Jaglink 2 released at least more than two Jags can now be linked together without Catboxes and Scatboxes for networking 3 or more, as they are also extremely rare and expensive now too. It's crazy now to think of Jag networks except at the rare vintage gaming show/eonvention,

Too bad.

I don't think you can link NTSC and PAL together and not have tons of problems through the Jaglink with one game running at 50Hz and the other at 60Hz. I think even if they could sync up at all it would cause all kinds of timing issues and more problems with the already buggy Doom network code, if it worked at all.

I'm going to try this as i have one PAL Jag amongst my NTSC ones. I'm actually hoping the differential in sync will fix the drop out issues! :-D

Battlesphere on the other hand may not have any issues. It doesn't have any networking issues at all, and Battlesphere classic and Gold both work together no prob. and with upto 16 systems all keeping syncing up together it's possible it could network between NTSC & PAL.

I think so too! I'll put this to the test (one Battlesphere Classic to one Gold). I expect them to work.

Aircars i could get a couple copies of B&C's version to network, but I already have a special edition KA Aircars and I doubt it would work with B&C's version if the ICD version won't. And I doubt I'll ever get another KA Aircars.

That's what I'm looking at doing, soon(ish). I sold my original ICD Aircars a few years back (never tried it as it was sealed) but since bought the Aircars '94 release. Spewing i missed out on the KA Aircars as i really wanted to see that one :( B&C looks like the goer.

I once dreamed of owning like 4 Jag consoles and 4 copies each of Aircars and Battlesphere, ....

I still can't believe i used to own 4 Battlesphere's (3 Classics and a Gold) along with 5 S/Catboxes and numerous Jag consoles and HADN'T gotten around to networking all 4! :woozy: :mad: Had the gamer friends and monitors too but what the hell possessed me to never link the 4 is beyond me! Always thought 'Next time. Next time.' Then i dropped out of the gaming/collecting loop for just a couple of years and... SOLD! :_( Most i ever linked were 3 (quite a few times) and had a blast! That 4th sucker has been my Smokey-Grey Whale ever since! :skull: It was pricey getting the carts (and network adapters) back then (post release), but now: forget it! $$$ :-o

• Like 1

The difference with 50Hz/60Hz is not a problem at all, nor with Aircars, Battlesphere or Doom imo.

When I play Doom Jag-link I set one Jag at 50Hz and the other at 60Hz, because I suspect that there are actually less interupts but that could also be a mental thing :)

Btw, I use only the original Jaglink.

I think so too! I'll put this to the test (one Battlesphere Classic to one Gold). I expect them to work.

I still can't believe i used to own 4 Battlesphere's (3 Classics and a Gold) along with 5 S/Catboxes and numerous Jag consoles and HADN'T gotten around to networking all 4! :woozy::mad: Had the gamer friends and monitors too but what the hell possessed me to never link the 4 is beyond me! Always thought 'Next time. Next time.' Then i dropped out of the gaming/collecting loop for just a couple of years and... SOLD! :_( Most i ever linked were 3 (quite a few times) and had a blast! That 4th sucker has been my Smokey-Grey Whale ever since! :skull: It was pricey getting the carts (and network adapters) back then (post release), but now: forget it! $$$ :-o

I can confirm they work together like champs.

DSC_3191_zps86a6f1a7.jpg

• Like 1

I can confirm they work together like champs.

Are you referring to Classic & Gold or one of each to NTSC and PAL? I've hooked up to two Classics to one Gold (and one of each version to each other) without hassles, i was referring to hooking them up to an NTSC & PAL network.

Sweet set-up btw! ;)