IGNORED

Jaguar HSC Revamped, SEASON 7, ROUND 10

(Round Over)

post-19213-0-24282000-1427094821_thumb.jpg

RULES AND DIRECTIONS:

Start on the first mission, first floor and play until third floor. Submit times for each of the 3 floors to be added together.
Set to Maximum Death setting with no codes.
Submit time only if at least 75% of the enemy were killed and at least 50% of the Secret were found.

If you are not familiar with the Jaguar HSC general rules and how the scoring system works, please visit this thread here: http://www.atariage....son-5-schedule/. It is recommended that you take a photo of your score, but it is not required. We go on good faith here, so please be honest.. icon_smile.gif

Wolfenstien 3D SCORES:
  • Spacey Invader - 7:49(+9)
  • masematte - 10:38(+6)
  • twoquickcapri - 12:04(+3)

The Current Jaguar HSC Rankings:
  • masematte - (67 pts)
  • Isgoed - (49 pts)
  • Spacey Invader - (39 pts)
  • mckafka99 - (14 pts)
  • twoquickcapri - (14 pts)
  • travistouchdown - (11 pts)
  • Austin - (9 pts +1 Rage Bonus)
  • roadrunner - (7 pts)
  • doctorclu - (6 pts)
  • jblenkle - (6 pts)
  • CyranoJ - (2 pts -1 Hack Bonus)
  • atariLBC - (1 pts)
  • atari2600land - (1 pts)
  • JagChris - (1 pts)
  • LinkoVitch - (1 pts)

Edited by twoquickcapri

Maybe I could suggest a modification.. Do just the first level on Maximum Death and have that be it. Don't require a kill or treasure count of any type. It will be a literal speedrun and more entertaining for all and better for repeated play/further attempts.

(I should have suggested this on the stream the other night when you asked the question)

Maybe I could suggest a modification.. Do just the first level on Maximum Death and have that be it. Don't require a kill or treasure count of any type. It will be a literal speedrun and more entertaining for all and better for repeated play/further attempts.

(I should have suggested this on the stream the other night when you asked the question)

I'm running the the round like roadrunner asked. He wanted a min kill and treasure count and the people voted for Maximum Death. I have no problem with just doing the first floor if others want it. If there was no min. requirements then everyone time would be the same after they find the fastest route.

Edited by twoquickcapri

OK, thanks...I tried it on Project Tempest too and while it runs, it has major control issues with my PC joypad (I spin in a circle and it seems to press its own buttons!!!)...I'll remap to the keyboard later and see if that might help.

Tried it with the couple version of Virtual Jaguar I have and it didn't seem to work. It also states on their website that it doesn't work too.

https://icculus.org/virtualjaguar/

Yipee!!! I'm happy to report I actually have this game running in Project Tempest now. I finally figured out how to configure my joypad so it works properly. But it is way too hard for me on this level. I'm able to kill a couple of guards (and dogs) in the first few hallways, but then I wind up dying in the first large room you come to.

Had to change the rules from Treasure to Secret because it looks like Maximum Death replaces the treasures with more enemies.

Yeah, I thought I remembered Wolfenstein having a score, too, but I guess I'm thinking of some other version. Anyway, at first I agreed with Masematte & Austin above about the revised rules, but after a dry run last night, I realized that A) it doesn't take all that long, and B) it's sort of exhilarating cutting your way through the first boss. That said, I've still got to go back and work on my kill ratio for floor 2 and secret ratio for floor 3, but this is an interesting bit of strategy, and I can't imagine hitting "par" anyway with all these enemies around. One thing's for sure, it's not like that nice ski trip we all just took.

@jblenkle -- You can do it! the same happened to me at first, it's all about getting into a groove, and memorizing the locations of enemies. twoquickcapri, perhaps if someone can't get through all three floors, times can be arranged from all three floors, best to worst, two floors best to worst, one floor, best to worst? Just a thought.

Did better today...but still can't make it out of the 1st level.

@jblenkle -- You can do it! the same happened to me at first, it's all about getting into a groove, and memorizing the locations of enemies. twoquickcapri, perhaps if someone can't get through all three floors, times can be arranged from all three floors, best to worst, two floors best to worst, one floor, best to worst? Just a thought.

Floor 1 - 2:50

Floor 2 - 6:55

Floor 3 - 1:37

Total - 11:22

post-40055-0-30785200-1427296011_thumb.jpgpost-40055-0-51378200-1427296033_thumb.jpgpost-40055-0-44295500-1427296143_thumb.jpg

First reportable time. Having a blast, although I do hate it when level 1 goes off without a hitch and then level 2 somehow goes through with 33% secrets and I've got to start over. Level one's getting pretty damn smooth though, and I'm guessing the others will follow suit. Just one secret in level three really -- ha!

Yeah, I remember playing this in the Jag HSC almost 6 years ago.
The settings were a little bit different

--------

RULES: Play the first level on NORMAL setting with no codes.
Submit time only if at least 75% of the enemy was killed and 25% of the
treasure was collected .

00:47_Hyper_Eye

00:51_AtarDi

01:02_JeremiahJt

03:40_RoadRunner

04:24_SamanthaLT

Is that the correct end date??? 5/05/15???

(Round Over at 11:59 PM, PST 5/05/15)

attachicon.gifwolf3d_1.jpg

RULES AND DIRECTIONS:

Start on the first mission, first floor and play until third floor. Submit times for each of the 3 floors to be added together.
Set to Maximum Death setting with no codes.
Submit time only if at least 75% of the enemy were killed and at least 50% of the Secret were found.

Floor 1: 2:29

Floor 2: 5:20

Floor 3: 1:37

Total: 9:26

post-40055-0-99283900-1427900787_thumb.jpgpost-40055-0-16588300-1427900810_thumb.jpgpost-40055-0-08278700-1427900994_thumb.jpg

Where is everyone?

Me, I can't seem to speed up the third floor even by a second. Maybe sometime in the next few days.

@Masematte -- I'm unexplainably jealous of your Atari monitor. Adding the times together, I had to look it up, but the best way I think is to add all the seconds together, and for every time you are able to subtract 60 from that total, at one to the minutes.

Floor 1 - 2:12

Floor 2 - 4:27

Floor 3 - 1:10

Total - 7:49

post-40055-0-12742800-1428293462_thumb.jpgpost-40055-0-81774600-1428293584_thumb.jpgpost-40055-0-30221200-1428293633_thumb.jpg

Floor 2, I kept blanking and ending up with a small percentage of kills and secrets, even though I seemed to be killing and pushing everything. Frustrating, because then you have to go back to Floor 1 and start over. Felt really dumb when I remembered to just turn around from the position in which you start, and there's a whole section of the map just hanging around behind you.

Thanks Masematte, now I'm compulsively watching sc1224s on eBay. The lil' lady is sure to be thrilled with another "monstrosity" taking up our limited space, not to mention my limited money. Maybe I can set it up at work. One question -- how does a jag attach to one? All the manuals I've read indicate a cable is hard-wired to the monitor that would seem to correspond to an ST.