IGNORED

Atari 2600 home made cartridge: dont works

alcruma

Yes, nanochess, there is nothing better than build sometthing with your hands.
The eprom programmer I use, is homemade by me, as is the software (8086 assembler) wich control its.
But REALLY I dont know what more can I do in this circuit. :(
I have build it three times, and the three works the same way.

This is the circuit I use:

post-41983-0-03596600-1427999912_thumb.jpg

Do you see something wrong in it?
Only left is to test it in a original atari machine.

Edited by alcruma

NO NO NO NO NO NO. Its impossible. As I said many times, all is tested one billion times, first whith the ohmmeter and after with the watch magnifier. And the circuit has been made three times with different pcbs, two in prototipe boards, and the last in a pcb with traces, and in each one of them, the base pcb, the one with the traces to the atari connector is also a new one. It must to be a issue with my clonic atari.

I have to find my original atari (last time I see, was in my brother's home) and test it in a true machine.

Yes, nanochess, there is nothing better than build sometthing with your hands.

The eprom programmer I use, is homemade by me, as is the software (8086 assembler) wich control its.

But REALLY I dont know what more can I do in this circuit. :(

I have build it three times, and the three works the same way.

This is the circuit I use:

attachicon.gifIMG_0781.JPG

Do you see something wrong in it?

Only left is to test it in a original atari machine.

I'm sure you have something wrong. Do you have three? send me one to Mexico ;) PM if interested.

Hi all. Good morning.

As we are in holy week holidays, I have more free time, so, yesterday I take a look to the clonic inside.

Here you can see the whole thing:

.post-41983-0-17738200-1428131671_thumb.jpg

As you can see, this can be call: "atari-in-a-chip". All 2600's circuits are now in the UM6599. Only left is a 1M Byte ROM SAC32002 with 32 games in it, and three logic IC's. One 74HC04 generating clock signal, one 4024, bynary counter selecting one of the 32 games in the rom, and one 4011, monoestable for cleaning the "select game" key, and inverting A12 for the ROM's /CS.

Here you can see a basic scheme. No Vcc or ground connections.

post-41983-0-10933400-1428132031_thumb.jpg

If you search in google UM6599 or SAC32002, no data arises, so they may be customs IC's. No problem, with the tester I can see that the rom is standard JEDEC pinout. It has not /OE pin nor Vpp pin but in his place is one address line

As all the important IC are in holders, I dont need anymore a cart to test the eprom. I can put it in the rom's holder and test it, just need to put /OE to ground.

I did it and Do you guess what happened?

ABSOLUTELY THE SAME AS WITH MY CARTS.

The same "TEST PATTERN" unsinc image, the same erratics patterns in wickeys PACMAN roms...

So this is the definive test that my carts are well doing and the problem has to be the eprom programming, the rom image, or the console itself.

Could be I am no playing atari, but I'm having a lot of fun...(and learning)