IGNORED

Millipede proto found

gambler172

Hmmm....anybody else find it suspicious that Tempest hasn't mentioned this at all on atariprotos.com? :)

(And anybody else like me so anal retentive that you cringe when you see the sentence "All your protos are belong to us" when, if you want to be truly faithful to the original Engrish, it should read "All your proto are belong to us"??)

• Like 1

(And anybody else like me so anal retentive that you cringe when you see the sentence "All your protos are belong to us" when, if you want to be truly faithful to the original Engrish, it should read "All your proto are belong to us"??)

It's just you.

• Like 3

Doesnt it seem strange in the high definition world of xbox one, ps4 and wii u, that we are here droolong over millipede for the 7800? We can only hope that its for real, but it probably isnt.

I have been playing it on the 2600 plugged into my 7800 and I still think its an amazingly fast game that holds together really well, whereas my Wii U stutters and staggers through cut sequences on pikmin 3.

Long live Atari, we luvya

• Like 3

Hi Guys

sure it was an aprils fool.....the proto was my rarest.......It is the Pole Position Bios,which was sold to me as non working....a former worker od Atari put the chip on a gameboard,without knowing that it is the real PP built in Bios....

Eckhard Stolberg found this out,several years ago and we posted the bios here in the forum.....

The best on this Aprils fool was,that CPUWIZ thought first,that there is a bew game.....,but thanx to all friends,who were involved in the whole thing.....Millipede is only a hack by Blue and Me :)

We made only two mistakes....the date on the titlescreen 1982,let people think,that it is a hoax.

And i am just an idiot;i posted a wip photo.....

But our hack is good....with all we were able to do.I added the Earwig and the Worm....also the Mosquito.....Then we changed the player and an extra life will be given at 15000 points,like in Millipede.And we changed the mushrooms and their behaviour,when poisoned.

We also did a lot of different Centipede hacks.....

And maybe some day we will have the real Millipede for the 7800.......and this is no aprils fool.I hope you guys forgive me our little hoax

greetings Walter

• Like 1

Looks like it's already dumped, those are emulator screens. :) :thumbsup:

This is where I became suspicious- if it was already dumped and running on an emulator. Good to know there is still a little sense of humor now and again, but where is that Hulk proto we've all been waiting for?
  • Like 2

While I think it was pretty obvious that this wasn't a prototype, thanks for working to make a 7800 homebrew of Millipede.

That's just as good, and possibly even better (While we've lucked out before, there's no guarantee that if this had been the real deal, that a basically final and playable game would've been present).

Edited by Atariboy

This is where I became suspicious- if it was already dumped and running on an emulator. Good to know there is still a little sense of humor now and again, but where is that Hulk proto we've all been waiting for?

It's in a basement in Chicago.