IGNORED

TI on the Telly

Stuart

There were tons of British machines that came and went during the late 70's to early 80's. Unfortunately the Jupiter Ace didn't make any sort of splash at all. In fact, it didn't even make any ripples. It's a real shame because it's a lovely little machine. They sold very few of (~5000 IIRC) and they're as rare as rocking horse sh*t!

Since the 80s, I've collected most of the more common UK-released 8-bit micros and I won't pay the current asking price for a Jupiter Ace.

Take a ZX81, replace the case with one made from Yoghurt Pots, add a ZX Spectrum-like rubber keypad and a FORTH ROM. Very little software was released for it. Even if I was a completeist, I wouldn't pay the prices asked on eBay. They're scandalous!

The only person I meet regularly who owns one is SteveBenway from YouTube and he identifies the Ace as the rarest micro in his collection.

Wherever possible, I like to bring my micros out occasionally for a "Sunday Drive". If I had an Ace, I wouldn't have a reason to fire it up!

Edited by UKRetrogamer

In 2011, one sold on eBay (complete 4000 model with tapes and a recorder, 16k RAM paxk included) for $250. I was outbid on the last day. I have no idea what theyre going for now, but my max bid at the time was $225. I wasnt going any higher than that.

Edited by Opry99er

I buy a Jupiter Ace in 2006 at Ebay.UK with Buy it Now for £ 10,- !!! YES £ ten and £ 5,- for shipping to Germany

without Power Supply, Cables and Books, but I do not want to complain, it works fine with a ZX81 Power Supply and

a VZ200 Video Cable :)

it was a matter of luck :)

ps. I have some Homecomputer Atari-800, 400, 800xl, 600xl, Amstrad CPC464, 6128, Enterprise 128, Power 3000, Dragon 32, Sinclair ZX81, Spectrum,

Commodore C64, 128, Amiga, Philips MSX, Epson HX20 a TI CC-40 and many more ....

Edited by Flottmann1

• 1 month later...

No, look at the second picture, there you can see the module port of the console.

True; but, the same keyboard in each of the two views is clearly rendered differently. Those are not black keys in the first view as they are in the second view.

...lee

• Like 1