IGNORED

XL/XE Cartridge Slot Breakout - PCB board file + spares available

Dear All,

I've been playing with home-made cartridges over the last few weeks, using a CPLD for bank-switching, both on my 65XE and foft's DE1 FPGA atari. It's been a lot of fun.

To connect the Atari to a breadboard, I made a little breakout board that plugs in the cartridge slot and allows me to hookup my 65XE to a breadboard.
I've attached the eagle board file, if you want to make one yourself.

I've also got a bunch of spare boards if anybody is interested in a ready-made one. Send me a private message with your address if you're interested. Price would be 2 pounds plus postage (probably about 70p for europe - might be more for the USA).

The pins are labelled on both sides of the board and you can solder either male or female headers onto the board, depending on what kind of jumper wires you have.
Atari XL's will probably need right-angled headers, and I'm not sure if the XL's cartridge slot flaps will get in the way, so if you've only got an XL I can't promise they will work.

It probably doesn't need saying, but do be careful if you plug anything home-made in the back of your Atari - I managed to break my Atari's MMU when experimenting with cartridges! See-
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/235824-i-thought-id-killed-my-65xe-now-im-not-so-sure-help/

Hope this is of interest to someone,

Robin

post-41252-0-24512000-1427808604_thumb.jpg

post-41252-0-00396000-1427808617_thumb.jpg

breakout.brd.zip

• Like 6

All the spare boards have now found new owners!

Will post to everyone that has requested one shortly once I've confirmed postage costs.

For anybody else interested in a board - you can upload the brd file in the post above to OSH park or dirtypcbs if you want to make some yourself!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...