IGNORED

Season 4 - The New HSC - Week 12: Ikari Warriors

S.BAZ

The item I would use is the curse from Q*Bert. And I would use it in every movie about 5x more than John ever does because if I were in half the situations that cat gets into, every third word I uttered would be so filthy it would make Andrew Dice Clay blush. I curse more when I stub my toe than Rambo does as he's being shot, stabbed, sliced, and punched one million times. Situations like the one below would require at least 6 different terms describing methods of sexual intercourse.

post-409-0-25730600-1428346954_thumb.jpeg

post-409-0-55560900-1428346967.png

• Like 3

Ya know....when I started playing this on Saturday I was really, really cursing the game. Couldn't stand it...but I think I figured out a workable strategy: just move a LITTLE BIT at a time, and the second you see something at the very top of the screen, wait patiently. That helped me get to 17,600, especially after watching Oyamafamily's video on YouTube from a coupla years ago.

I know ZERO about Rambo, and I'm not going to watch the movie or read its IMDB description or Wikipedia page or whatever just for a bonus point, so I'll eschew that, at least for now...

post-1050-0-51175900-1428373487_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Ya know....when I started playing this on Saturday I was really, really cursing the game. Couldn't stand it...but I think I figured out a workable strategy: just move a LITTLE BIT at a time, and the second you see something at the very top of the screen, wait patiently. That helped me get to 17,600, especially after watching Oyamafamily's video on YouTube from a coupla years ago.

I know ZERO about Rambo, and I'm not going to watch the movie or read its IMDB description or Wikipedia page or whatever just for a bonus point, so I'll eschew that, at least for now...

post-1050-0-51175900-1428373487_thumb.jpg

Yeah, Dauber, like I said about the NES version, it's the exact same strategy. Scroll the screen just enough to see the feet of the enemy solider and then shoot. Often their shots will get gobbled up (somehow) by the top of the screen. Works the same for tanks and choppers. Choppers are the most deadly and especially on the bridge where you have less room to maneuver. Choppers act like soldiers but can only be killed by grenades.

But anyone with a few hours to kill can slowly roll this game I am sure.

:spidey:

• Like 1

You've given me a goal this week if I can find the time..If I find the time!

I don't much care for this version so rolling it would be a slap in the face of the Ikari code ;)

post-40055-0-63097100-1428419477_thumb.png

If I don't bring up the rear, who will? This highlights my favorite scene in the Rambo series, in which John Rambo flees endlessly to the top of the screen whilst identical men in blue fire square bullets from their belts. I'm impressed that this guy can swim -- most heroes of the following generation's consoles would die instantly with contact to water.

• Like 3

I don't know if it will be that easy. When I got to the colonel, I had my current life plus 2 in reserve. I didn't know how to "save" the colonel so I went up and touched the wall in front of him. Wrong move! Then I threw a grenade and killed it. How is that "saving" the colonel? I don't get it.

Anyway, I thought I would EASILY pass your score but got killed quickly! I think the enemies bullets are faster the 2nd time around. I barely passed your score by 200 measly points. Maybe I was just psyched because I got past the colonel, but I think the enemies got a helluva lot harder. I will have to see in future games.

Edited by voodoo_chilly

post-34560-0-03048600-1428430105_thumb.png

for my bonus I'm takin' the oil-slick from Spy Hunter. John Rambo needs grease to look dirty and greasy. that way I could be sure to look the part when I go back for another deadly pit-fight after the one in Rambo III -- this time for cash!!

post-34560-0-21829300-1428430428_thumb.gif post-34560-0-20310700-1428430380_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I barely passed your score by 200 measly points. Maybe I was just psyched because I got past the colonel, but I think the enemies got a helluva lot harder.

I thought you did it just to spite me! :P

Yeah, the "kill the colonel to save him" thing is weird, but bombs away!

I didn't notice it getting tougher, I just noticed I was getting tired. I'll give it another go tonight and see what's what.

• Like 2

I haven't seen any of the Rambo movies either, so I just made something up and came away with 2 bonus points.

• Like 1