IGNORED

Season 4 - The New HSC - Week 12: Ikari Warriors

S.BAZ

33. Cafeman 68

34. roadrunner 65

Wickeycolumbus 57

35. centiqueen81 52

36. Botbird208 51

Something's wrong here. If the points are correct, then Wickeycolumbus should be in sole 35th place. If roadrunner and Wickey are indeed tied for 34th place, then they can't have different number of points.

• Like 1

Although the graphics and gameplay of Ikari Warriors were (of course) much better in the arcade, the thing that most people forget (or are too young to remember) is that the joystick controller on the arcade cabinets ROTATED!! This allowed your character to face one of eight directions, while moving in another direction. It was awesome to able to strafe (moving L and R, while facing and firing forward). You totally lose this in all the home versions, including the NES.

I would love to see this game re-released now that PS2, PS3, etc. have the dual thumbsticks.

post-41961-0-92994200-1428468045_thumb.png

I panicked a little when I saw how close I was to 20,000. I was afraid I'd get another extra life and have to keep playing.

Oh, and I'm on the score list twice. The extra points would be appreciated, but I'd like to have as little proof out there as possible that I played this game more than once.

post-5573-0-11161600-1428471087_thumb.png

Edited by KaeruYojimbo
  • Like 4

Just a few words about this game, before our poor mods start thinking they made a bad choice for this week. I have had my share of bashing it, but you really have to give them an "A" for effort. Sure it's pretty lousy. But have you guys ever played the 16k version of Commando for the Commodore C16? Believe me: This here is solid gold compared to C16 Commando, especially considering the hardware its running on.

• Like 2

I'm not going to trash this game at all. It's way better than Space Cavern. It's totally playable, you just have to change your approach and not treat it like a run and gun.

I'm having fun seeing how far I can go, and how long it takes to get there.

Not a bad choice at all. Last year we played Motorodeo for Pete's sake!

• Like 1

post-10357-0-92430300-1428604470_thumb.jpg

Bonus:

Rambo needs the van from Cat Trax because, contrary to what Hollywood would have you think, guns need to be reloaded and he's got to have some way to carry around the thousands of rounds he burns through.

post-10357-0-40316600-1428604512_thumb.jpg

Edited by darthkur
  • Like 4

Ikari Warriors

Game: 1BB

Score: 27,700

post-30687-0-25661200-1428635832_thumb.png

Actually really got into this last night for a few hours, gotta give this program some credit there is alot going on. From jumping in and out of tanks, gates, buildings to throwing grenades and shooting infantry.

Defiantly on par with Activisions Commando, the tactic of taking it slow blows out the water when you hit the 24,000 mark. Gotta stay on your toes from then on or you can loose lives in a heart beat.

Edited by Tony The 2600
  • Like 1

Since I'm the new guy here, I want to ask about "sniping" ettiquette.

If a player would sit on a high score and not post it until Sunday night at 11:59PM, would that be frowned upon?

Or should they post it in a timely fashion giving others a chance to top it?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I'll post this now:

post-41961-0-26207500-1428644065_thumb.png

• Like 1

Since I'm the new guy here, I want to ask about "sniping" ettiquette.

If a player would sit on a high score and not post it until Sunday night at 11:59PM, would that be frowned upon?

Or should they post it in a timely fashion giving others a chance to top it?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I'll post this now:

I like to post my scores pretty much when I get them. It documents my progress throughout the week. And if it's a week where I'm actually battling other players' scores, that's even better, I can keep getting a new target score to shoot for, which is part of the fun.

Oh, and welcome, New Guy. :)

• Like 1

I seem to have peaked.

But rock on MoomUnit! You are killing it!

As for sniping, I don't know that it's ever really been an issue here. Everyone plays for the absolute fun of it and I don't think anyone holds back scores. The first week of last season we had a bonus for waiting and posting really high scores until the last day, but all that really did was slow down participation from some of the players. I know that when I am really rolling with a game (like Superman) I will often play up until the last minute to see if I can beat my own score, but never to snipe anybody.

So, no, I don't think its banned or anything, but I think the ethics of the Club have kind of made it a non-issue.

:spidey:

post-409-0-55710000-1428672638_thumb.png

• Like 3

As for sniping, I don't know that it's ever really been an issue here. Everyone plays for the absolute fun of it and I don't think anyone holds back scores. The first week of last season we had a bonus for waiting and posting really high scores until the last day, but all that really did was slow down participation from some of the players. I know that when I am really rolling with a game (like Superman) I will often play up until the last minute to see if I can beat my own score, but never to snipe anybody.

So, no, I don't think its banned or anything, but I think the ethics of the Club have kind of made it a non-issue.

:spidey:

Well said Stan, It's all about fun!
  • Like 1