IGNORED

Jaguar HSC Revamped, SEASON 7, ROUND 11

Jaguar HSC Revamped, SEASON 7, ROUND 11

(Round Over at)

post-19213-0-54999200-1428303933_thumb.jpg

RULES AND DIRECTIONS:

Go to the options menu. Select "Record Mode" and race on the "CANADA" track and use the Reflex Z bike. Select any amount of laps you wish, and play as many times as you wish. Submit your best lap time when you feel you've obtained it.

If you are not familiar with the Jaguar HSC general rules and how the scoring system works, please visit this thread here: http://www.atariage....son-5-schedule/. It is recommended that you take a photo of your score, but it is not required. We go on good faith here, so please be honest.. icon_smile.gif

Super BurnOut SCORES:
  • mckafka99 - 0'32"06(+9)
  • Spacey Invader - 0'32"14(+6)
  • masematte - 0'32"36(+3)
  • Isgoed - 0'32"39(+1)
  • twoquickcapri - 0'32"82(+1)
  • travistouchdown - 0'39"38(+1)

The Current Jaguar HSC Rankings:
  • masematte - (70 pts)
  • Isgoed - (49 pts)
  • Spacey Invader - (45 pts)
  • mckafka99 - (23 pts)
  • twoquickcapri - (15 pts)
  • travistouchdown - (12 pts)
  • Austin - (9 pts +1 Rage Bonus)
  • roadrunner - (7 pts)
  • doctorclu - (6 pts)
  • jblenkle - (6 pts)
  • CyranoJ - (2 pts -1 Hack Bonus)
  • atariLBC - (1 pts)
  • atari2600land - (1 pts)
  • JagChris - (1 pts)
  • LinkoVitch - (1 pts)

Edited by twoquickcapri

Good to see you back, Travis. Masematte, I don't think you'll have to worry about that hat trick you were talking about. I actually just got this one in the mail and I'm far too occupied driving on the shoulder and crashing into pylons to be bothered with approaching 33". The time below was actually quite a fluke, one of the few outings under 40". I'll see what a couple weeks of practice can do.

I guess I got 36"52, unless we're going for average, in which case it's 37"94

post-40055-0-19224000-1428506058_thumb.jpg

Absolutely using the Reflex Z (frustrating too because the acceleration is not very good). I've double checked every time when I start the game up and periodically 'back out' and check to make sure I have the right bike as I make attempts.

(My findings, things that work for me)

No hope of making these times on a first lap, the acceleration is just too slow. Key is to build up speed in the straight-a-way prior to the starting line (which I do on the absolute/extreme edge of the right hand side,not even on the black road, but on the tan edge running beside it) and negotiating that first turn (which can be done at 160+) with little-to-no speed loss and then starting the s-curve after it soon enough so that one doesnt hit an edge in the s-curve. Also important to lay off any leaning asap coming out of any curve. After the s-curve only slight turning is necessary (depending on how one comes out of it) to negotiate the next curve; it is then possible come out of it in such a way that no turning is required until the dreaded hairpin. (It is actually possible to come out of the s-curve and get on the extreme right edge and not need to turn until the hairpin but that either requires coming through the first curve and s-curve too slowly or losing speed coming out of the s-curve during the hard crossover to the right edge.) I think what I have to figure out is finding the point prior to the hairpin to lay off the accelerator just a little bit (rather than coming into it at 160+) and finding the fastest speed one can go into it without sliding off and catching just that little bit of curb on the right hand side that is the time killer.

I'm at the point where know if I have a chance immediately after I come out of the first turn (time wise) and after the hairpin; coming out of the hairpin at anytime over 23"00 and there is no chance to hit sub-33" (at least as far as I have found so far)

• Like 1

32"71 - Have found a new strategy to the hairpin which involves coming into it full speed at the right spot and starting the right turn at just the right time to very briefly catch a little curb to slow down just a bit to reduce the amount of slide off to the left. I am thinking there might even be a way to hit this just right and rather than slide left, hug the right/inside curb thus possibly improving times more.

post-21248-0-47566100-1429224297_thumb.jpg

32:51

BTW @mckaffka, Great Score .... But we have two days

Yeah, I'm aware/afraid of that. I've been able to hit sub 33"00 with a bit more regularity and have duplicated the 32"06 once and have a few others sub 32"50 but seem to have hit a plateau in what I can get. Of course, that wont keep me from continuing to try.

0'32"61

post-40055-0-01455700-1429467289_thumb.jpg

Masematte is appropriately terrifying, but mckafka99 must have taken a shortcut through a black hole. Astounding. This truly is all I've got, barring a miracle, and the amount of swearing and hollering this took is right embarrassing confronted with the result. Nice times!

Still waiting for the other shoe ...