IGNORED

How is K.C. Munchkin for the 7800?

Nutsy Doodleheimer

Absolutely. You just wonder how things might have been had most all of Bob and Ken's releases been released BITD. Two different types of gamers *maybe*, but both yearning for something a little "closer to home" if you know what I mean. :love:

I wonder about this too. Although the tech doesn't have to be the absolute newest, it helps -- the first Wii was older Game Cube tech.

The 7800 was about 7 years newer than the 2600 when built in 1984, and they shelved it for the 5200 which was 1979 or about only 2-3 years newer tech than the 2600, and continued to sell 2600 and their computer line.

They had the perfect upgrade machine because it plays 2600 and 7800 games.

In my household, Atari lost us to ColecoVision because it had Expansion Module #1 and a killer Donkey Kong pack-in.

The 7800, had it been popular from 1984 on, was powerful enough to port all the early to mid 80's arcade games and would have sold just for that fact. Add in sports games, adventure games, and puzzle games, then in hindsight it should have been a hit.

Also as a kid then a teen I saw the 5200 and eventually 7800 as sort of playing the same games I already had, gameplay-wise of course, not graphically because the 5200 and 7800 are clearly graphically better.