IGNORED

7800 French rgb problem

wam_fr

Hi !

some weeks ago I get an atari 7800.

It is the french model with the rgb daugther board.

The console starts and launch the games correctly the sounds is correct but there is no video on screen.

Sometimes, randomly the video comes up for a second and turn off immediately

I have change the din13 connector (for scart cable), and I have also changed all the capacitors on mother & daughter boards.

But there is no more signal

do you have any idea ?

Any help is welcomed :)

I've already seen this kind of problem: the video signal is "too strong" for the modern TV sets (LCD, etc). Yeah. The TV sets become mad and synchro fails.

I do have the same problem with my two French 7800: depending on the TV set, it doesn't work, or half works.

The same problem can be found with other Scart/Péritel/RGB consoles (Jaguar, NeoGeo, etc).

How to fix? There are a few tips/tricks I've read:

- Plug the Scart/Péritel into a VCR (magnétoscope), and plug the VCR into the TV set. The VCR will "filter" the signal, and the TV set will like it.

- Open the Scart/Péritel and remove one (or more) pins of RGB signal; the aim is to force the TV set to switch to Composite by removing some of the RGB signal pins.

- Open the Scart/Péritel and do some soldering. I've read once (on a French forum) someone adding a resistor onto a important pin. So this pin's signal will be less strong. (I can't find anymore the schematic I downloaded years ago; sorry) (I'll look).

Thanks.

PS: see http://fr.meric.free.fr/Articles/articlesba/stsurtvplat/stsurtvplat.html

PPS: see also http://www.yaronet.com/posts.php?s=147359

PPPS: Other interesting pages can be found with Google.

Edited by Rastignac

• 3 weeks later...

get one of those multiscart adaptors - you know the things where you put three/four scarts into one - about £5 off Ebastard.

they'll do the exact same signal filtering for you