IGNORED

Intellivision Homebrew Game HOTEL BUNNY

Rev

I am not associated with this game in any way. Just seen it recently, and sharing.

Download the free Rom by following the link: http://intellivisionrevolution.com/entries/intellivision-homebrew-games/intellivision-homebrew-hotel-bunny

HOTEL BUNNY

post-19433-0-27706400-1428633246_thumb.png

Hotel Bunny has the player try to get nine rabbits safely to the titulary hotel, located past a trial of three angry dogs. The control scheme is simple: press the right button (or, the physical Intellivision disc towards the right) to get the bunny hopping towards the hotel. Success is only determined by how well you time the bunny's start.

I am not associated with this game in any way. Just seen it recently, and sharing.

Download the free Rom by following the link: http://intellivisionrevolution.com/entries/intellivision-homebrew-games/intellivision-homebrew-hotel-bunny

HOTEL BUNNY

INTELLIVISION HOTEL BUNNY.png

Hotel Bunny has the player try to get nine rabbits safely to the titulary hotel, located past a trial of three angry dogs. The control scheme is simple: press the right button (or, the physical Intellivision disc towards the right) to get the bunny hopping towards the hotel. Success is only determined by how well you time the bunny's start.

its a good game. Tough.

I will check it out when I get my CC3 back one of these days.

Don't bother, he provided the source code and it it obvious he didn't bother to do any research into the Intellivision. No background cards despite IntyColor being in the package, no hardware collisions, no sound. he then has the nerve to make the following statement on his page:

I've developed this Intellivision homebrew using IntyBasic. It's a friendly Basic flavour which can be clunky at times. However, I found it acceptable for very simple games, such as this one!

"very simple..." Really?

[Click to animate]

post-38229-0-94208800-1428681660_thumb.gif

Don't bother, he provided the source code and it it obvious he didn't bother to do any research into the Intellivision. No background cards despite IntyColor being in the package, no hardware collisions, no sound. he then has the nerve to make the following statement on his page:

I've developed this Intellivision homebrew using IntyBasic. It's a friendly Basic flavour which can be clunky at times. However, I found it acceptable for very simple games, such as this one!

"very simple..." Really?

[Click to animate]

attachicon.gifRemix Level 4 Gameplay.gif

So wait, are you saying that Copter Command is written in IntyBASIC? Or is this a pronoun problem?

EDIT: Of course, you could write any game in IntyBASIC if you're sufficiently hard core.

spice_patrol.bas

Edited by intvnut
  • Like 1

So wait, are you saying that Copter Command is written in IntyBASIC? Or is this a pronoun problem?

EDIT: Of course, you could write any game in IntyBASIC if you're sufficiently hard core.

As Rev says, IntyBasic was used to write Copter Command, with optimized assembler for the radar display. So seeing the author of Hotel Bunny make his uninformed statements basically cutting down IntyBasic and the remarkable work nanochess put into it really annoyed me. I didn't write Copter Command, but it definitely is a fast, fun, professional game that would have been right at home with the top original 125 releases. It never got old or boring during the many hours of play testing. When we review the next 12 months of releases, I think there will be a number of surprises as to what was written with IntyBasic. Edited by Tarzilla
  • Like 2

Copter was written using both Assembly and IntyBasic.

As Rev says, IntyBasic was used to write Copter Command, with optimized assembler for the radar display. So seeing the author of Hotel Bunny make his uninformed statements basically cutting down IntyBasic and the remarkable work nanochess put into it really annoyed me. I didn't write Copter Command, but it definitely is a fast, fun, professional game that would have been right at home with the top original 125 releases. It never got old or boring during the many hours of play testing. When we review the next 12 months of releases, I think there will be a number of surprises as to what was written with IntyBasic.

Huh, I did not know that. I did quickly scan the Copter Command thread before making that last post, and didn't see that detail spiked out. Impressive!

Edited by intvnut

I mentioned Hotel Bunny a month or 2 ago when I stumbled across it but nobody seemed interested.. Can't say I am either Lol, but I noticed it was a new Rom released back in January of this year. :)

Yeah, I remember someone mentioning this game, but I just forgot about it until now, so I made a post. :)

• Like 1

I don't see his comments as "cutting down" IntyBasic at all. He's right; IntyBasic does make it easier for newbie programmers to write simple games.

There's nothing in his remark that says IntyBasic can't also be used to write more sophisticated games, especially if you throw assembler into the mix...

I don't see his comments as "cutting down" IntyBasic at all. He's right; IntyBasic does make it easier for newbie programmers to write simple games.

There's nothing in his remark that says IntyBasic can't also be used to write more sophisticated games, especially if you throw assembler into the mix...

He did refer to it as "clunky". Maybe he used a very early version. There has been alot of upgrades and revisions to Intybasic.

I think he made this game to test the waters. If more effort was pit into it, a much nicer game could of been made Im sure.