IGNORED

Season 4 - The New HSC - Week 13-14 = Sci-Fi Movie Weeks

JacobZu7zu7

Just so I'm clear...with the E.T. rules...what is meant by "one save"??? You mean rescue ship gets ET, you get your score, and quit? Or do you mean if you run out of energy, you're done (no rescue from Elliot)???

I read it as one round. Either get E.T. home one time or run out of times that Elliott can bring E.T. back to life and the dead body of E.T. is lying there as Elliott walks around his house.

Good end of a round:

post-13-0-36690800-1429069537_thumb.png

Bad end of a round:

post-13-0-61433100-1429068165_thumb.png

• Like 4

Here's your rollage on SW:TAG. The before was taken just before my Death Star run that caused the rollage. The after shot is just after the destruction of the Death Star. The actual rollage occurred during the trench run and I was a little preoccupied to get a pic.

post-409-0-67573400-1429070946_thumb.jpg

post-409-0-10563400-1429070959_thumb.jpg

Edited by StanJr
  • Like 5

Here's your rollage on SW:TAG. The before was taken just before my Death Star run that caused the rollage. The after shot is just after the destruction of the Death Star. The actual rollage occurred during the trench run and I was a little preoccupied to get a pic.

Impressive. (<--Darth Vader voice)

Is there a way to get the easter egg initials, or is it just random? I don't think I've ever seen them.

Give Elliott one piece of candy on the log screen.

More info about the Easter eggs:

randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-et.html#easter_eggs

FYI: My 23 points wasn't added to the overall standings. My score should be 338. 315 is the same score I had last round before Ikari Warriors is added.

Overall Standings Through Round 12 (Ikari Warriors)

Top 24 make the Bracket Challenge at the end of the season!

The bracket winners get to choose games for next season :thumbsup:

1. Northcoastgamer 378

2. StanJr 347

3. S.BAZ 341

4. voodoo_chilly 315

5. oyamafamily 313

6. JacobZu7zu7 257

• Like 1

Wednesday afternoon update:

Alien: 32,717
A slight improvement, but nowhere near the 60-90K scores I see being posted.
Help me out here guys--what am I missing?

ET: 18,923
Getting better at avoiding the FBI Agent and the Scientist, but it's still pretty frustrating.
And what's the deal with the humans being able to just walk right over the pits?!

Star Wars: 90,637

I'm glad I have two weeks on this one.

It's clear that--with lots of practice--the trench gates are beatable.

post-41961-0-06727000-1429123647_thumb.png

post-41961-0-39153400-1429123651_thumb.png

post-41961-0-88940200-1429123653_thumb.png

• Like 4

Wednesday afternoon update:

Alien: 32,717

A slight improvement, but nowhere near the 60-90K scores I see being posted.

Help me out here guys--what am I missing?

The tips I followed that worked great for me were clearing a "quadrant" at a time instead of running around like mad and make use of the flame thrower. You get a total of 4 seconds of flame per level which is very useful if your in a jam and is actually a decent amount of time to use.

Per the manual: Left Difficulty Switch B: Aliens travel in fixed patterns about the screen.

I hope that helps and good luck!

• Like 4

And what's the deal with the humans being able to just walk right over the pits?!

E.T. doesn't belong to the first alien race that the government has tried to exploit. The U.S. government has been experimenting with various alien technologies for decades. The wells were dug by the government to trap E.T. Each well contains an alien force field that repels humans. These force fields were originally used by a different alien race to keep humans out of their hidden observation posts, but now the government uses the stolen technology to their advantage. The government guys or any human can walk over these special wells as if the wells don't exist.

• Like 3

Star Wars: 90,637

I'm glad I have two weeks on this one.

It's clear that--with lots of practice--the trench gates are beatable.

At the highest level the gate pattern is exactly the same every time. Once you memorize it, you are golden. Remember, just before the thermal exhaust port will come one single shot up/left, then two double shots, then the exhaust port.

• Like 2