Photo

Why I got back into collecting ColecoVision...

coleco colecovision collection

353 replies to this topic

#351 Atari_Bill OFFLINE  

Atari_Bill

Stargunner

• 1,657 posts

Posted Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:36 PM

Like I said, being in the right place at the right time!  That Up N Down was at a BIN for $35.  I just happened to log onto to eBay at the right time and I snagged it.  That Sector Alpha and Aquattack was from an estate auction website operated by Hines Auctions.  It was linked in the ColecoVision Lunatics Facebook group.  I thought for SURE someone else would have snagged them as I only put $100 each as my top bid.  I ended up, totally to my surprise, winning one of them for $78 and the other for $99.  I really didn't expect to win either of them.

I also ended up winning a lot of ten boxed Sega Master System games for $32 and a boxed Mr. Do!'s Castle for $40.  Neither of those things that rare, but very reasonable prices.  As I said, these were things I wasn't really looking for, but stumbled upon more accidentally. 

Congrats on some great buys there. That Up n Down box is one I've coveted for a while. I've accepted I'll likely never get the box for Aquatack. Much too pricey. I grabbed a nice buy a while back on a nice CIB Sector Alpha which I was thinking was a great deal, but yours was even better than mine. All said you've had some great luck.

#352 TpaGreenHornet OFFLINE  

TpaGreenHornet

Combat Commando

• 3 posts

Posted Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:22 PM

$260 including shipping is not terrible. That means you paid about $100 each unit and if they actually work well after cleaning them up that is not bad at all. Especially considering that a good working Power Brick goes for about $30 each and that's a decent selection of games along with the driving controller and Super Action controllers.

I'd suggest getting some Detoxit and taking everything apart, cleaning it up, and putting it all back together.

You should also look into getting an AtariMax SD cart and maybe eventually getting the systems modded.

Take a look at my "ColecoVision Fan" Facebook page as well as the "ColecoVision Lunatics" Facebook group.

Enjoy the system!

Thanks.   I think I will once I get everything cleaned up and running.   Time to google Detoxit.

#353 AtariBrian OFFLINE  

AtariBrian

River Patroller

• 3,064 posts

Posted Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:48 PM

Detoxit.

Isn't that something for alcoholics or drug addicts ?  :rolling:

#354 JEFF31 OFFLINE  

JEFF31

Moonsweeper

• 450 posts

Posted Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:13 PM

I've been following this thread since it began and well... didn't 'know' / 'been thinking of' how to respond.  

'back into' - Well I've never left since I got my Coleco back in 1983(?)  (I thought I was 'strange' collecting for an older system).

Then 'EBAY' started getting bigger / I discovered OPCODE  / Digital Press etc. around 1998-2002

Fast forward - Collectorvision / Team Pixelboy / other independent publishers 

Cool at first - but lately - they are making me broke with all of the releases - sorta like 83 when I could not afford ALL of the games.

Back in 98 I bought a collection off EBAY - 96 games (38 that I did not have) / Console / etc for $500 - The wife thought I was INSANE - but later I learned that a boxed (complete) WIZ MATH was valued at $800!!!!  Also in that collection was a boxed Jungle Hunt.  Later I sent the box to a collector in Florida for a couple of games and some dough...

Poo  - although I do not collect boxes (see other threads) - I WISH I HAD NOT DONE THIS DEAL!!    LOL - Oh Well (JFC - it's a friggin box!!!!)

Ah well my story (briefly)...

Jeff31

Still recall a weekend with my then wife playing Lady Bug (2+ million points) for a Twin Galaxy highscore - later 'recalled' by me do to lack of confirmation.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coleco, colecovision, collection

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users