Photo

Why I got back into collecting ColecoVision...

coleco colecovision collection

384 replies to this topic

#376 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

Up! Down! Up! Down!

• 9,335 posts
  • Chu! Chu! Chu!

Posted Thu Jul 6, 2017 8:52 AM

That Tempest is pretty sweet. I could do without the COLECO™ logo, though. :lolblue:

#377 TPR OFFLINE  

TPR

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,621 posts

Posted Thu Jul 6, 2017 8:56 AM

I could do without the COLECO™ logo, though. :lolblue:

That Coleco logo represents a GOOD Coleco not the current Coleco.  ;)

#378 Jinks OFFLINE  

Jinks

River Patroller

• 3,688 posts

Posted Thu Jul 6, 2017 9:13 PM

For the drama.....:P

#379 TPR OFFLINE  

TPR

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,621 posts

Posted Mon Aug 7, 2017 8:16 PM

So here was another cart I picked up recently...

super kreuzfeurer 1.jpg super kreuzfeurer 2.jpg super kreuzfeurer 3.jpg super kreuzfeurer 4.jpg

The German version of "Super Cross Force."  Inside the box was a US version of the cart.  Not sure if there ever was a German version or not (NIAD's rarity guide doesn't say for this game like it does for Flipper Slipper) and it didn't come with a manual.  Still, sort of a neat version of the game to have!

#380 Ikrananka OFFLINE  

Ikrananka

River Patroller

• 2,448 posts

Posted Tue Aug 8, 2017 6:49 AM

So here was another cart I picked up recently...

attachicon.gifsuper kreuzfeurer 1.jpgattachicon.gifsuper kreuzfeurer 2.jpgattachicon.gifsuper kreuzfeurer 3.jpgattachicon.gifsuper kreuzfeurer 4.jpg

The German version of "Super Cross Force."  Inside the box was a US version of the cart.  Not sure if there ever was a German version or not (NIAD's rarity guide doesn't say for this game like it does for Flipper Slipper) and it didn't come with a manual.  Still, sort of a neat version of the game to have!

Until recently, I owned the German version of Flipper Slipper and provided NIAD with the info about my copy.  It too came with a US cartridge like your Super Cross Force, but it did also come with a full colour German manual.  I photographed the box and scanned the manual before I sold it but haven't cleaned the manual scans up.  Here are a few images anyway.

DSC09514.JPG Manual P1.png  Manual P2.png

#381 TPR OFFLINE  

TPR

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,621 posts

Posted Wed Aug 9, 2017 12:57 PM

Unboxing & Playing Sydney Hunter!

#382 retroillucid OFFLINE  

retroillucid

Facebook.com/Collectorvision

• 7,408 posts
  • CollectorVision Games - Publishing Homebrew

Posted Wed Aug 9, 2017 2:13 PM

Unboxing & Playing Sydney Hunter!

Thanks!

Great video!  :cool:

#383 TPR OFFLINE  

TPR

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,621 posts

Posted Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:37 PM

So last night I was looking for some old photos of Walt Disney World and ended up coming across two pictures of me in my office at Virgin Games in the early 1990s.  You can clearly see what system I am showcasing in these photos and it just reminds me of how long I've been collecting for this system!

Sadly everything you see in these photos I sold when I flip-flopped from working on the west coast to the east coast (I took all my collection with me including about 30 arcade machines) and then back to the west coast again (by this point I was jaded and "checked out" with the games business and sold it all) and I didn't start collecting again until about a couple of years ago.  The very first post in this thread has the whole story....

Here I am proudly holding up the crown jewel of my collection and the system I would continue to be most interested in from childhood until today!

virgin games holding a colecovision.jpg

This would apparently be me... um... biting a ColecoVision controller.  I'm not sure why, but if kids these days can be licking Nintendo Switch cartridges, why can't I bite a ColecoVision controller?   :P

robb eating colecovision virgin office_adjusted.jpg

Part of me is sad to look at some of these photos and see the things I had in my collection that I sold. I also had 5 arcade games in this office as well that would have been behind the photographer: Space Invaders Deluxe, Star Castle, Donkey Kong, Tron, and Robotron and my office looked AWESOME with all the lights off and all the glow from the arcade machines.  Sad that I have no photos of that at all...

Ahh, those were the days...

#384 jd_1138 OFFLINE  

jd_1138

Quadrunner

• 7,200 posts

Posted Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:05 PM

Cool pics.  Did you take those pics with a 110 camera or something?   :)  Did you have an Adam computer too?

#385 TPR OFFLINE  

TPR

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,621 posts

Posted Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:14 PM

Cool pics.  Did you take those pics with a 110 camera or something?   :)  Did you have an Adam computer too?

I don't remember what kind of camera it was.  I honestly don't even remember these photos being taken!  But I most certainly do remember that office since it was my last one at Virgin and I was in it for a couple of years.  I did have an ADAM as well, but it would have been at home.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coleco, colecovision, collection

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users