Photo

Why I got back into collecting ColecoVision...

coleco colecovision collection

429 replies to this topic

#426 AtariLeaf OFFLINE  

AtariLeaf

Epic Godlike Canadian

• 10,785 posts

Posted Sat Sep 1, 2018 5:58 PM

All it takes is proper maintenance / refurbishment and the power switch will be good for another decade, if not more, depending on use.

"To each, there own" however. The CollectorVision Phoenix will be a godsend for a lot of people.

True, but a modded original CV would run me what, a hundred plus Cdn? This would cost twice as much but also gives you a lot more. As mentioned those built in homebrews are worth hundreds. That alone makes this trump a real CV IMHO, let alone the other goodies built in.

For me though, as someone who's not a huge CV fan, this would be more up my alley. It's not a system I need the real hardware to enjoy. I would have been fine with just emulation but the Collectorvision has gotten my serious attention.

Edited by AtariLeaf, Sat Sep 1, 2018 6:00 PM.

#427 atarilovesyou OFFLINE  

atarilovesyou

River Patroller

• 2,433 posts

Posted Sat Sep 1, 2018 8:12 PM

One of my shelves of more "oddly shaped" ColecoVision and ADAM stuff that I have...

attachicon.gifcolecovision odd shelf small.jpg

Totally remember that box for DK for the ADAM while at a local Canadian Tire way back when...along with the recipe program, that was about all the software I ever saw in the wild for the system (apart from CV carts).  These look to be in amazing condition...and didn't know they had two others, wow.

#428 digress OFFLINE  

digress

Stargunner

• 1,044 posts

Posted Sun Sep 2, 2018 5:56 AM

Canadian Tire was where i went too. I got donkey kong junior there. They had a coleco setup too and I played up n down. I remember around 1985 they had a bargin bin full of clearnance colecovision games, all new in the box. I wish I had the money to buy everything in the bin.

Totally remember that box for DK for the ADAM while at a local Canadian Tire way back when...along with the recipe program, that was about all the software I ever saw in the wild for the system (apart from CV carts).  These look to be in amazing condition...and didn't know they had two others, wow.

#429 Ikrananka OFFLINE  

Ikrananka

River Patroller

• 2,695 posts

Posted Sun Sep 2, 2018 7:21 AM

True, but a modded original CV would run me what, a hundred plus Cdn? This would cost twice as much but also gives you a lot more. As mentioned those built in homebrews are worth hundreds. That alone makes this trump a real CV IMHO, let alone the other goodies built in.

NIAD wasn't referring to modding your CV, just opening it up, cleaning/refurbishing the power switch and closing the system back up again.  Only cost would be some deoxit and possibly some dielectric grease (the latter is for if you strip down the power switch).  It's really not that hard to do.

#430 AtariLeaf OFFLINE  

AtariLeaf

Epic Godlike Canadian

• 10,785 posts

Posted Sun Sep 2, 2018 9:13 AM

NIAD wasn't referring to modding your CV, just opening it up, cleaning/refurbishing the power switch and closing the system back up again.  Only cost would be some deoxit and possibly some dielectric grease (the latter is for if you strip down the power switch).  It's really not that hard to do.

No I get it. I was speaking from the point of view of reacquiring a new CV now. If I were to do so, I'd want a modded and cleaned unit, not something off ebay, which would run me $100+ Canadian plus shipping. What I'm saying is that if I were willing to do that, I'd prefer to take that money, save it, and wait on the Collectorvision and spend the extra on that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coleco, colecovision, collection

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users