IGNORED

Godzilla

cimerians

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Is anybody playing this game? I'm a little confused about how to progress and unlock/upgrade new powers and monsters and stuff.

Also, the dialogue and voice acting in this thing is horrible. Like, so bad, you wonder if it's an intentional homage to the poor dubbing in the original movies, or perhaps to the poor dialogue and graphics from so many 16-bit era games.

Is anybody playing this game? I'm a little confused about how to progress and unlock/upgrade new powers and monsters and stuff.

Also, the dialogue and voice acting in this thing is horrible. Like, so bad, you wonder if it's an intentional homage to the poor dubbing in the original movies, or perhaps to the poor dialogue and graphics from so many 16-bit era games.

I've played the heck out of it. You have to go to the evolution option after you have earned cells from the various monsters to evolve them.

Yeah, that much I get, but it's annoying that your evolutions don't take effect unless you "Go Ashore" and star the process all over again from the beginning.

And how do I unlock other versions of Godzilla, such as the 2014 Legendary Pictures version? That, I can't figure out.

You have to fight them in attack or defend or Kajiu master mode. After you beat them they unlock. On the PS4 they are free DLC from the store, dunno if thats just with PS+ or not.

I haven't found a Kaiju Master mode in this game.

'Nother question: What's the deal with the woman constantly saying Godzilla has entered the data collection area? I've figured out I should press my right joystick directly into the gamepad to activate data collection, but how does that help me in the game?

Also, do I derive any benefit from destroying the maximum amount of buildings before I destroy the power plants?

And what about the dioramas? Does building dioramas and filling them up with figures actually help me unlock monsters or power upgrades? Because if not, I don't see the benefit of spending energy and evolution cells (or whatever they're called) on those items.

Thanks for all your answers, by the way.

There is no Kaiju Master mode - it is a Trophy you earn for getting every Kaiju to maximum Evolution (with the exception of Godzilla (1964)).

As for Data Points I present the following taken from my Godzilla guide at GameFAQs:

When you do your first runthrough you'll find that you cannot progress any
further than Stage 7. The reason for that is because G-Force doesn't have
enough information on you to create a weapon powerful enough to defeat you.
To progress further in the game you need to collect at least 50% of all of
the Data Points.
Every Area has four Data Points which are represented by glowing orange
circles on your Radar. At the lower right corner of the screen is the Camera
icon. When you get near a Data Point then you should see "NEW!" pop up. This
indicates that you are near a Point that has not been collected.
You need to use the Camera, by pressing the R3 Button, to collect the Point.
You have to stand close to the Point until the Camera is finished collecting.
When the Point is collected then the circle will turn purple to inform you
that it has been permanently collected. Beneath the Camera are four "cards"
that indicate the Data Points. This tells you which Data Points you have
collected.
If you are near a Data Point, regardless of whether or not it has been
collected, and use the Camera then you will also greatly slow down the
depletion of the Energy Rate of a Fury Chain while you are taking a picture.
This can become useful for keeping up Fury Chains. Be warned though, if you
are not near a Data Point then you can't use the Camera.
Between each Stage you can see how much you have collected at the top of the
screen (it will show as a percentage). When you have at least 50% collected
then you can progress up to Stage 9.
Basically you need to collect these Points to help open up the last Stages to complete G's storyline. There is also a Trophy for collecting 1, 50, and all 100 Points.
Destroying everything will allow you to not only achieve 100% Destruction but will also get your Kaiju to grow bigger and faster which helps in the later Stages. Acquiring 100% Destruction in each Area will allow you to open up new Dioramas and acquire multiple Trophies along the way. The Stage ends when you either defeat an enemy Kaiju (if all Generators are destroyed during the battle) or destroy the last Generator if no Kaiju are present (regardless of whether none show up or you defeat the Kaiju before destroying the Generators).
Acquiring and filling dioramas does not help in upgrading Kaiju - only by acquiring Cells and Parts plus Evolution Energy can you upgrade monsters. You will get Trophies for acquiring all Dioramas and Figures though.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've noticed a lot of the upgrades I need require Jet Jaguar parts, but so far, I have not encountered him. Does anybody have any idea what I need to do, or who I need to beat, in order to have Jet Jaguar come along so I can get some parts from him?

Thanks!

On level one of "go ashore" beat the level with 50 to 60 percent destruction and he will appear to fight.

On level one of "go ashore" beat the level with 50 to 60 percent destruction and he will appear to fight.

Thanks, so, you're saying I should make sure I've destroyed no more than 60% of the buildings, and at that point, I should go ahead and destroy the generator? And instead of the level ending, Jet Jaguar will come out to play?

If you get JJ to come out in Area 1, Area 7, and Area 16 and in one runthrough you can acquire the Our Hero, Jet-Jaguar Trophy and a little cutscene.

Destoroyah's appearance is pretty random but he is the final boss at the end of Burning Godzilla's runthrough. In addition, I noticed that it also appears frequently when playing as Mothra so you may want to play as that for awhile - Mothra also has a cool very powerful combo that can shred pretty much all Kaiju, including Destoroyah. Once you defeat Destoroyah then you can start to play as it and gain additional Cells.

Megalon is one of the few Kaiju that does not appear in this game. It is also unclear if Toho plans to do a Shin Gojira DLC for this game to coincide with the new movie this summer.

Thanks again for the info! So, are you saying Jet Jaguar might appear on any level where I destroy the generators very quickly after reaching 50% destruction?

And how long did you have to play the game before realizing summoning him in areas 1, 7, and 16 would lead to a nice cut scene? It seems like such a random thing.

JJ only appears in Areas 1, 7, and 16. Getting him to appear in all three Areas in one runthrough leads to the cutscene so there's nothing random about it. I knew about this from the beginning since this is how you get the Trophy associated with it.

I was just in area 16, playing as Burning Godzilla, but no JJ, even though the game told me to expect him. I guess my mistake was reaching more than 50% destruction before killing the generators?

Ooh, 'nother question: I've previously played all the way through as Burning Godzilla, but did not encounter Destroyah at the end. Is there something special I must do to unlock him as a final boss?

Speed plays a role in how you get JJ - remember, if you're too slow, regardless of Destruction Rate (50 to 65%), you can't get him to appear.

Destoroyah is the Final Stage boss for BG. Did you get over 100m in growth to get to the Final Stage? BG is the Final Stage boss for all the other Kaiju (except for Godzilla and Godzilla (1964)) and you can't play against yourself.