IGNORED

XB2.7s cartridge & BOOT return interception utility?

Omega-TI

For those who do not use BOOT, is it possible for XB27 to run LOAD at power-up as if the user had entered XB?

Edit the first sector of the data file you use to upgrade the cartridge. You'll see:

>AA02,>0100,>0000,>6A01,>9830

Make it:

>AA02,>0100,>6A01,>6A01,>9830

Reload the cart and your good to go.

Easy Peasy. :)

Gazoo

Edited by Gazoo
  • Like 1

Edit the first sector of the data file you use to upgrade the cartridge. You'll see:

>AA02,>0100,>0000,>6A01,>9830

Make it:

>AA02,>0100,>6A01,>6A01,>9830

Reload the cart and your good to go.

Easy Peasy. :)

Gazoo

This is "Good Chit" Gazoo!

I'm thinking in might be nice to have a library of different configurations (with descriptions of operation) that user's could readily access.

When user's get their carts originally it would be the 'Standard Version', but then they could pick any variation they wanted from 'The Library' to suit their individual software or hardware needs/specifications.

This cartridge has opened up so many possibilities I can't fathom all of them or what it's going to eventually be capable of. All I can say for sure is that it's the best cartridge that's ever been made for the TI-99/4A and with all of these refinement it's still getting better, which is totally amazing in itself.

1. I think I am missing something. The BOOT programme itself

(after pressing Enter in XB27 nothing happens)

2. Is it the .dsk mentioned here? http://atariage.com/forums/topic/229451-bootmenu-source/

(I tried this to copy to the nano-PEB, but it looks like garbage, but on the laptop with TIDIR, I can see the content

and there are files 44BOOT1 and 44BOOT2 are these the ones ?

3. Or is it another .dsk ?

Boot is available Here Just copy BOOT and BOOU to the disk image or disk you want to use BOOT on. Then modify the BOOT menu to how you want it once you have loaded BOOT from the disk image or disk.

Have a look at http://atariage.com/forums/topic/237742-how-do-you-configure-boot/

Edited by wyerd

Boot is available Here Just copy BOOT and BOOU to the disk image or disk you want to use BOOT on. Then modify the BOOT menu to how you want it once you have loaded BOOT from the disk image or disk.

Have a look at http://atariage.com/forums/topic/237742-how-do-you-configure-boot/

Note that the download pointed to by the blue underlined 'Here' is a modified one and may not work properly on a standard TI system.

Here's the standard version:

BOOT.dsk

Gazoo

Oh yeah, one last thing... the version in << THIS MESSAGE >> of this thread over there is the one that load BOOT into the 15K section of the cartridge. NOT the one in this thread. Sorry, I had updated the video when he updated the software, sorry for the confusion.

That information is incorrect. Both versions do the same process, the only difference is that one does it automatically while the other (the official XB v2.7 Suite upgrade) requires that enter be pressed to load BOOT into the 15k GRAMDISK.

Gazoo

If I remember right, the version in this thread automatically loads BOOT on powerup, bypassing the XB2.7s cart menu. This would have been awesome for sysops back in the old says as the BBS could automatically reset after a power outage. Anyway the version in this thread does NOT stuff it in the 15K space. The other version WILL and all options are retained,...

As previously stated, both versions do the same thing with the exception of one being automatic and the other requiring that <enter> be pressed. I don't recommend the automatic version.

... although I'm having problems with Dec2Hex... the program loads, but that's it. It might be something on my system.

Dec2Hex works properly in both versions, that's never been broken. You might want to download and update again, or check the process that you follow to do the upgrade.

Gazoo

As previously stated, both versions do the same thing with the exception of one being automatic and the other requiring that <enter> be pressed. I don't recommend the automatic version.

Dec2Hex works properly in both versions, that's never been broken. You might want to download and update again, or check the process that you follow to do the upgrade.

Gazoo

Interesting, as I can't get Dec2Hex to work either.

• 1 month later...

(Okay now I have sorted out the XB27 thingy and all working), this is the thing I wanted to try out.

I am using a nanoPEB here.I do not have a F18A mod. (videochip)

How is the configuration saved for the BOOT.dsk ? (it does not seem to save on my system ?)
* Both disks below require to press "enter" in the XB27 to load boot from DSK1. (on my nanoPEB)

(The original boot.dsk in this thread does not work on my system, it loads the boot though,

also I saw at the "C" it indicates "C1, C2, etc.) The C1 brings to Extended Basic 2.7 all okay.

but I could not load a program (it also seems the configuration is not saved on the disk for all menu options?)

I used F5 (I do not see all the DSK1... like I see when pressing F5 using the one below)

then press F9. Save to DSK1

Install Gram 4 (the other one below shows Gram 6)

I tried both Power up (Y/N)

ftp://ftp.whtech.com/f18a/BOOT-F18A%20(Mod).zip

(I copied the individual files with TIDIR of Fred Kaal to the disk).

* This one works to configure the files and loads the program (assembly EA5),
but also does not save it to the disk ?
* the C (there is no C1, C2, etc. only a C).
* Selecting C Extended Basic 2.7 does not load either
(I think because it want to switch to 80 column mode ?)
* TI BASic works (but I see the graphic mode change)
* Disk manager 2 loads (but the colours are very hard to read, using the Boot utility)
(but when using the XB27 directly it is all okay)
BTW directly from XB27 suite: Dec2Hex is working okay
(because this has to do with the other issue, see

(Okay now I have sorted out the XB27 thingy and all working), this is the thing I wanted to try out.

I am using a nanoPEB here.I do not have a F18A mod. (videochip)

How is the configuration saved for the BOOT.dsk ? (it does not seem to save on my system ?)
* Both disks below require to press "enter" in the XB27 to load boot from DSK1. (on my nanoPEB)

(The original boot.dsk in this thread does not work on my system, it loads the boot though,

also I saw at the "C" it indicates "C1, C2, etc.) The C1 brings to Extended Basic 2.7 all okay.

but I could not load a program (it also seems the configuration is not saved on the disk for all menu options?)

I used F5 (I do not see all the DSK1... like I see when pressing F5 using the one below)

then press F9. Save to DSK1

Install Gram 4 (the other one below shows Gram 6)

I tried both Power up (Y/N)

ftp://ftp.whtech.com/f18a/BOOT-F18A%20(Mod).zip

(I copied the individual files with TIDIR of Fred Kaal to the disk).

* This one works to configure the files and loads the program (assembly EA5),
but also does not save it to the disk ?
* the C (there is no C1, C2, etc. only a C).
* Selecting C Extended Basic 2.7 does not load either
(I think because it want to switch to 80 column mode ?)
* TI BASic works (but I see the graphic mode change)
* Disk manager 2 loads (but the colours are very hard to read, using the Boot utility)
(but when using the XB27 directly it is all okay)
BTW directly from XB27 suite: Dec2Hex is working okay
(because this has to do with the other issue, see

Things you need to know about BOOT.

To edit the menu press F5. The menu entry goes next to the menu number. The path and filename go on the line below that.

Press F9 to save the BOOT and BOOU files back to disk. DSK1 is the default path.

Reload BOOT. You will now see the menu page that you edited as installed. Follow the same procedure for the other 2 menu pages.

Gazoo

Okay it saved it actually, I had to turn off/on the computer. (then after Reload BOOT) it works

I believe the benefit of BOOT is to load programs from special locations besides "DSKx" or like a Harddisk.

The following is not a showstopper, but not sure if more people have the issue with the "C" option.

(I am running the F18A mod, but I do not have this mod in my TI, maybe that's the problem ?)

This still does not work:

C - Extended Basic V2.7 - nothing happens (it stays in BOOT)

Then via G

C - TI Basic ---> sometimes hangs (all colour stripes, like a video mode), e.g. CAL (= incorrect function)

C- Boot

C- TI Basic (again in the menu)

C - TI-Writer/Assembler - - works okay, can load an assembler program

C- TI Basic (again in the menu)

C- Disk Manager 2 (does not load, sometimes it does load with green colours in the menu and very hard to read)

(but when loaded from XB27 directly it has white letters

It starts to alternate between, TI-Basic, Boot, etc.