IGNORED

What is the weirdest video game title or game you have ever played?

Cho Aniki (超兄貴 Chō Aniki?, lit. "Super Big Brother") is a Japanese video game series originally developed by Masaya and published by NCS Corp. The first game debuted in 1992 for the PC Engine (Turbo Grafx 16) system. The game's sequels and spin-offs later appeared on the Super Famicom (SNES), Wonderswan, Sega Saturn, PlayStation, and PlayStation 2. Mainly consisting of side-scrolling shoot 'em up in the vein of Gradius, the Cho Aniki series is best known for its homoerotic overtones, wacky humor and vivid, surreal imagery. Most of the games have never seen release outside Japan.

For various reasons, the popularity of the Cho Aniki games has endured since the series' debut. Highlights of the various games include in-game music, innovative control schemes or sheer kitsch value.

Six different games on seven systems (including the Wii Virtual Console).

post-29575-0-41916300-1429502188_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I'M SORRY (Coreland/Sega)

Weird arcade game starring former PM of Japan, Kakuei Tanaka, on a quest to collect all the gold in the maze (ala Pac-Man with dots). Various celebrities serve as enemies in the game, like Michael Jackson, Madonna, Carl Lewis, and some Japanese celebrities and secret service-types. Some "death" scenes seem to show the enemy spanking you!

Postal 2, nothings better than lighting innocent bystanders on fire and watching em burn, or being nice and putting em out with your urine :P

Also where else do you get to use cat silencers, play with dolls shaped like testicles, and go on massive killing sprees while going to town to get milk :P

DUDE!!! What system is that on!?!? I must play it!!!!

I am sure many Atari 2600 titles would qualify as the last few years some of the wackiest ideas for games appeared, some might say they came up with anything just to make a game ;)

Chase.png

kool_aid_man_cart_2.jpg

And COME ON 2600 which such themes? That's pretty weird:

42.jpg

So many weird titles and themes I am sure the 2600 might be king in that area though if I had to guess perhaps OLDER DOS COMPUTER titles are probably good for this as well as INDIE games where people are more free to be creative (for better or worse lol)

I have actually played one of the (apparenty quite rare) I, Robot arcade consoles. The graphics were amazing for the time (1989), but the gameplay was very odd -- and the "doodle" mode was even more so.

I am sure many Atari 2600 titles would qualify as the last few years some of the wackiest ideas for games appeared, some might say they came up with anything just to make a game ;)

Chase.png

kool_aid_man_cart_2.jpg

And COME ON 2600 which such themes? That's pretty weird:

42.jpg

So many weird titles and themes I am sure the 2600 might be king in that area though if I had to guess perhaps OLDER DOS COMPUTER titles are probably good for this as well as INDIE games where people are more free to be creative (for better or worse lol)

Kool aid man rocks!!!!

Honestly, more than half of the Atari 2600 library is just weirdness.

Though certainly not the weirdest games (Hong Kong 97 comes to mind, or that one super homo-erotic shooter for PS1), Mangia on the 2600 and Zombie Nation on NES come to mind as some of the weirdest I've played. I'll have to give this some thought.

• Like 2

I played this game called Polybius once... tripped RIGHT out... Not long after, I remember these guys in black suits taking me somewhere... next thing I remember I was at home in my bed... next day the machine was gone...

Weirdest game I ever played...