Photo

WTB: BBS Express Pro

5 replies to this topic

#1 SynMonger OFFLINE  

SynMonger

Space Invader

• 26 posts

Posted Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:11 AM

Looking for BBS Express! Professional, if anyone is willing to part with theirs.

#2 MacRorie OFFLINE  

MacRorie

Stargunner

• 1,035 posts
  • No matter where you go, there you are.

Posted Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:52 PM

I don't want to hijack the topic, but I am also looking for a real copy of this.  If it helps, I used to run The Bates Motel BBS (209 area code).  I am looking to restart it for Ss & Gs.

#3 MacRorie OFFLINE  

MacRorie

Stargunner

• 1,035 posts
  • No matter where you go, there you are.

Posted Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:03 PM

Bump. Still looking, will pay handsomely (-ish). I was node 209 (I think). Really would like a copy.

#4 SynMonger OFFLINE  

SynMonger

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 26 posts

Posted Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:55 PM

I never got any hits, either. Seems to be something not many have, and those that do aren't parting with it at any price.

I emailed Lance at video61, since they seem to be the current owners of the rights and his reply was that they were looking to put it on a cart. I take that to mean "don't expect it any time soon".

#5 Slipqueue OFFLINE  

Slipqueue

Space Invader

• 13 posts

Posted Sat Mar 2, 2019 4:48 PM

Bumpity bump.

I'd be happy if they put it out as an ATR. I had node #444 back in 1990. Even wrote some modules for it in Action! back then.

#6 Nezgar ONLINE  

Nezgar

Stargunner

• 1,861 posts

Posted Sun Mar 3, 2019 8:39 PM

In theory it might be possible to get a brand spankin new official node from Steve, but he's been MIA for a year or 2 now due to health issues I believe. His current version is called "TCP/IP Express Pro".

I still hold my node #244 dear to my heart.. And apparently each copy's modules are locked to their node number in at least 5.0 up... I promise to get The Last Hope online again at some point in 2019!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users