IGNORED

Lantronix Hook Up

budz2355

you have to convert the files from V9T9 to TIFILES before you transfer or the TI will not recognize the header. That can be done in TI99DIR be selecting the file and on one of the menus convert to TIFILES

Chris

??? The above is not relevant to my post**. There is no format to convert because they are going directly from the TI archive to the DSK image file—they are not files in a PC directory.

...lee

-------------

**If you were referring to another post, my apologies. :)

Edited by Lee Stewart

As someone else might say...

SUCCESS!!!!!

After much messing around with fast term, I finally realized I needed to change the speed to 4800 (CTR-1) to match the lantronix speed. This made duplex function apparently so I could see what I was typing.

After this I turned parity to OFF.

typed in atz and I accidentally entered monitor mode on the lantronix so I was getting 9> in return. After exiting this mode QU I went back to the terminal, entered atdt192.168.1.1 and got no carrier. I then tried the atdt68.109.180.48,9640 and HOLY CRAP IT WORKED!!!!

I just got done playing some games on the heatwave.... how awesome! Connect to a BBS with wifi on a ti-99/4a ....whoda thunk it?

Anyway, fast term seems to have some issue with the graphics because the menus with boxes around them display all crazy. Maybe I need to change some settings on the BBS itself? Fast term also seems to cut off the end of the screen and wrap it around at a not normal spot because playing some of the games the text wrapped oddly.

Also... Rogers Hornsby, Todd Helton, Nolan Ryan, Michael Cuddyer and Babe Ruth all in one baseball game..... well done Owen.

So....maybe I can try to download TELCO from Heatwave? Are there other BBS' I can telnet to? ....Or on to the next adventure??? (most likely the f18a)

atdt thekeep.net work? or do you need the ip address 104.169.195.128 right now.. might change though as it's dynamic

the only time I have seen this happen when transferring files from a PC to the TI is with MagicFM and I told it to transfer the TI files header, but it already had one. and it changed the file on the TI side to a DIS FIX file.

Ironically I have tried transferring with MFM with headers...and without.... I must be doing something wrong.

Try using TI99Dir to do the copy. Create a TELCO.dsk image and open it (double-click it) in one panel. Extract the TELCO file from the ZIP file and open it (which unARCs it) by double-clicking it in the other panel. Mark all of the files by tapping Ctrl-+ (use the ‘+’ on the keypad). Copy them all at once to the TELCO.dsk in the other panel by tapping F5.

...lee

Okay, I believe I have done this. Now what? I have TELCO.dsk I know (maybe?) that TI doesn't use file extensions. I guess I am not sure what to do if what I have done so far is correct?

Lee

Okay, I believe I have done this. Now what? I have TELCO.dsk I know (maybe?) that TI doesn't use file extensions. I guess I am not sure what to do if what I have done so far is correct?

I may have misunderstood you. What you have now is a disk image that you can use in Classic99, MESS, etc. If you still need it transferred to a floppy, Chris and Greg's advice will be better. The only problem is the pesky PC filename limitation. If you mark all of those files in TI99Dir and copy them to another empty directory, you should rename the now PC files to replace the replacement characters for ‘>’ and ‘/’ with characters that will be manageable on the TI—perhaps ‘_’ and ‘.’. The files will be in V9T9 format at that point. If they need to be in TIFILES format, you can mark them all and change them all at once. Now, you can transfer them to the TI—I guess, one at a time. When you are done with that, you will need to rename every file on the TI that used to contain ‘>’ and ‘/’ characters back to their original filenames.

...lee

I do it with Lothareks HxC-drive, just some klicks, and I have more time for gaming on the TI :grin: :D

Yeah, we've gotten a bit lazy :)

I use usually use a combination myself:

When I make up a new HxC image from a .dsk image I download, I'll usually use Ti99Dir to make a DSSD 80 track blank image, then I copy everything into it and then turn it into an .hfe and put it on the SD card. Doing that, I get no nasty surprises with formatting conflicts., and I can get it done faster than it would take the TI to format a disk.

If I'm just dealing with a single file, I'll usually just stuff it into a temporary sub-directory under the HDX's FIAD area.

• Like 1

I had issues with the telco.zip file once I got it over to the TI-99/4a to finish running. It would load up but then just a blank blue screen.

I used the original TELCO distribution file to create the attached archived file called 'MYTELCOARK.zip'. I have tested this on the TI. It was archived on a real TI.

Unzip on PC first before sending to the TI.

MYTELCOARK.zip

Hey Budz, your slipping already? I only see two log-ins from you today on the BBS.

Haha yea! I am loving the Empire game .... Also tried some MajorMUD on Greg's board, but daaaaang that game is hard! What do I have to do to get access to LORD? :)

Haha yea! I am loving the Empire game .... Also tried some MajorMUD on Greg's board, but daaaaang that game is hard! What do I have to do to get access to LORD? :)

oh lemme fix that for you :) anybody in the ti world that wants some more access just ask

Edited by arcadeshopper

oh lemme fix that for you :) anybody in the ti world that wants some more access just ask

Awesome!! ...so dialout works now! (is there something magical about connecting to a board via telnet, using dialout to connect to the hidden reef, downloading a file and then using Tony's cart to run unarchiver and extract the file to DSK2?) This is all done with ONLY a TI. ha! maybe I am the only dinosaur out there still trying to eliminate the PC from the equation but yes sir it works like a charm!

Unfortunately I cannot access the games for some reason? Option 4 (or5) do not even work for some reason? ....if I could have access to LORD that would be super sweet and if I could have access to LORD and MajorMUD that would be epic.

Awesome!! ...so dialout works now! (is there something magical about connecting to a board via telnet, using dialout to connect to the hidden reef, downloading a file and then using Tony's cart to run unarchiver and extract the file to DSK2?) This is all done with ONLY a TI. ha! maybe I am the only dinosaur out there still trying to eliminate the PC from the equation but yes sir it works like a charm!

Unfortunately I cannot access the games for some reason? Option 4 (or5) do not even work for some reason? ....if I could have access to LORD that would be super sweet and if I could have access to LORD and MajorMUD that would be epic.

oops fixed