IGNORED

Mean 18 for the Atari 7800 on Ebay

vandymachine

I forgot I had this. It is a pretty neat game especially considering when it came out. Is this thing that rare or just sought after?

It's one of the rarer 7800 games....below Tank Command maybe so far as being hard to get/expensive but I think that is about it.

I'm after it because i played the PC Jr version when I was a kid and have some serious nostalgia for it, but I don't think it is actually very sought after other than for 7800 completionists (and admittedly I am a completionist too!).

It's one of the rarer 7800 games....below Tank Command maybe so far as being hard to get/expensive but I think that is about it.

I'm after it because i played the PC Jr version when I was a kid and have some serious nostalgia for it, but I don't think it is actually very sought after other than for 7800 completionists (and admittedly I am a completionist too!).

The NTSC version is more rare than Tank Command for sure. People let this one slide and it's a true sleeper rare for the 7800 due to the PAL version being much more common. I've personally owned more Tank Commands than Mean 18s.

The NTSC version is more rare than Tank Command for sure. People let this one slide and it's a true sleeper rare for the 7800 due to the PAL version being much more common. I've personally owned more Tank Commands than Mean 18s.

I believe it Shawn--I am largely going on ebay and there are pretty often loose, PAL, Mean 18s on there. Price wise it just seems like Tank Command is fetching more but of course just looking at auctions wouldn't tell me that for sure, I'd have to look for completed ones. I think the same complete Tank Command has been on there for 2 years for like 200$+ :-o .

I'd love to get either for a decent price!!!!!

Ha same here....I backed of a bit when I read the description about one of the guides being broken. Pretty inconsequential but that kind of thing bugs me way more on pricey rares than it does on cheap commons for some reason. Still, someone got a pretty good deal, last one I saw went for like 55 or so.

I believe it Shawn--I am largely going on ebay and there are pretty often loose, PAL, Mean 18s on there. Price wise it just seems like Tank Command is fetching more but of course just looking at auctions wouldn't tell me that for sure, I'd have to look for completed ones. I think the same complete Tank Command has been on there for 2 years for like 200$+ :-o .

I'd love to get either for a decent price!!!!!

Yep, I think this one is a clear case of rarity and monetary value being two totally different subjects. Tank Command does command more $$$ for sure.