IGNORED

Choose your favorite console out of this list.

AtarinDave

Hey, guys! I want to see everyone's opinion on their favorite console, and/or computer. Please feel free to share!

Atari 2600

Atari 8-Bit

Atari 5200

Nintendo NES

Atari 7800

Nintendo Gameboy

Atari Lynx

Sega Genesis

Sega GameGear

Nintendo SNES

Sega CD

Panasonic 3DO

Atari Jaguar

Sega 32X

Sega Saturn

Nintendo Virtual Boy

Sony PlayStation

Atari Jaguar CD

Nintendo 64

Sega Dream Cast

Sony PlayStation 2

Microsoft Xbox

Nintendo GameCube

Nintendo Gameboy Advance

These are all the consoles I've played/own, so please post your opinion. I'm interested in your answers. :D

Mine is the NES. That was the first gaming console that got me really into video games. When I first played Super Mario Bros. As a little kid back in 1987. It was mesmerizing. Just bashing blocks figuring out what was inside, going along for an adventure, so many great games. I never knew about a video game crash back then as I was too young to understand the concept. If it wasn't for the NES. I truly wouldn't be into video games like I am today.

My top 3 from YOUR list, in order:

1. PS2

2. DC

3. SAT

Why the Playstation 2?

If you take a Playstation 2, have it region modded so that it will run US, JPN & EUR titles, you have the console with the biggest and most diverse library ever. Not only that, this also - by definition - includes/absorbs the Playstation 1 library as well!

I would estimate that between the PS1, PS2 and all the varying regions - all played via ONE console, I have around 400+ unique titles (75% PS2 vs 25% PS1)

And, although it's purely a matter of opinion... I don't buy crap for the sake of buying/filling shelves ;)

Of course, my favourite console, NOT featured on your list... is *** Drum Roll *** the NEOGEO :P

• Like 2

My list in no particular order:

Atari 2600

Atari 8-Bit

Atari 5200

NES

Atari 7800

Atari Lynx

Sega Genesis

Sega GameGear

SNES

Sega CD

Panasonic 3DO

Atari Jaguar

Sega 32X

Sega Saturn

Nintendo Virtual Boy

Sony PlayStation

Atari Jaguar CD

Nintendo 64

Sega Dreamcast

Sony PlayStation 2

Microsoft Xbox

Nintendo GameCube

CDi

Fairchild Channel F

Bally Astrocade

Vectrex

Colecovision

Intellivision

TG-16/CD

varies from day to day for me :P Sometimes I want to play an 8-bit game, sometimes a 32-bit game, if I've played all the games I like on one platform I want to play games on another. For some reason no specific system really is a go-to system for me. They each seem to have their own distinct character.

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1

From your list, these are my favorites:

Atari 2600

Atari 8-Bit

Atari 5200

Nintendo NES

Atari 7800

Nintendo SNES

Sony PlayStation

Nintendo 64

Sega Dreamcast

In fact, these are some of my all-time favorites anyway. But even the ones that didn't make the cut have at least one or two games I really like.

My top 3 from YOUR list, in order:

1. PS2

2. DC

3. SAT

Why the Playstation 2?

If you take a Playstation 2, have it region modded so that it will run US, JPN & EUR titles, you have the console with the biggest and most diverse library ever. Not only that, this also - by definition - includes/absorbs the Playstation 1 library as well!

I would estimate that between the PS1, PS2 and all the varying regions - all played via ONE console, I have around 400+ unique titles (75% PS2 vs 25% PS1)

And, although it's purely a matter of opinion... I don't buy crap for the sake of buying/filling shelves ;)

Of course, my favourite console, NOT featured on your list... is *** Drum Roll *** the NEOGEO :P

Crap I totally forgot about that! Wow, I left out a lot of consoles, sorry 'bout that guys.

From the list:

Jaguar: love the 3d of Iron solider, Cybermorph, I-war and such, and other fun little games as Brutal, Breakout and so on...
Jaguar CD: just (a little bit) more of the same but even better graphics
N64: like the 64 era, and it delivers it; has the same amount of good games as Jaguar, circa 20-25 titles = great.

2600: for the stylistic games and intensive 5-10 minutes of repetitive point hunting!
Genesis: maybe 10 good games = decent, worth owning and play every five years.

Also, like the "made in the USA", since I generally "hate" manga/anime and all the Japanese hegemony in gaming nowadays and backwards. (And NES is soooo boring to play today, sold it recently and will never look back!)

Edited by Atlantis
  • Like 1

My favorite really depends on the mood and peripherals that are available. I am not sure why, but I really dig oddball peripherals.

Pure game systems:

Atari Lynx - It is the only system I have never sold. Have most of the games for it (missing a couple of more recent home-brews like Relief Pitcher & Hot Dog)

Sony PSP

Sony PS3

Sony PS4

Atari Jaguar

Sony PSVita (Yeah, Sony owns my soul. No really)

Atari 7800 (well, really Moto Psycho. I *LOVE* that game. Seriously. I bought a Harmony Cart just to play it!)

Sega Dreamcast loved it, but sold it.

Edited by MacRorie

The console love of my life was and still is my Lynx. I loved it from the moment I played it.

Yeah, I can't stop playing "Todd's Adventure in Slime World" for the Atari Lynx. Also, I'm still trying to beat Batman Returns.

1. Atari Jaguar

2. Atari Jaguar CD

3. Atari Jaguar w/CD unit attached

Lol, we got a Jaguar fanboy in da house!

Notable Jaguar games:

Missile Command 3D

Atari Karts

Iron Soldier

Doom

Wolfenstein 3D

Alien vs. Predator

Troy Aikman Football

AFL '95 Football (This game is very rare as well as Atari Karts)

Tempest 2000

• Like 1

Yeah, I can't stop playing "Todd's Adventure in Slime World" for the Atari Lynx. Also, I'm still trying to beat Batman Returns.

For me, it's Shanghai. I have played HOURS AND HOURS of that game. To this day, that's why I like Mahjong games.

• Like 1