IGNORED

Great info thanks to all at Atariage!

digitalmaddog

Just wanted to say hello and thanks for an awesome site! A wealth of info here.

I have a 2600 4banger that my folks got my brother and I back in the 80's and had many many hours of games played in it. It was shelved due to a new NES system and then onto the PS1.

The Atari would get pulled out from time to time to relive those magical moments playing my favs, moon patrol and California games and the occasional frogger or dig-dug, and hated playing othello and yars revenge! Never could get those down pat.

About 8 years ago I pulled it out if my parents basement where it had been idle along with the games still in the reebok "pumps" shoebox !! And brought it home with me and relived some more time again man that was fun. Then it sat for a few years and it ended up at my neighbors house where his kids wanted to "check it out " and play some old school games I think it was played for about 10 min and the converter box took a dump, that was 4 years ago. I finally got it back because my son has been into the 80's due to the TV show the goldbergs and wanted to know what games I played back then, he is 7 years old!!

Thanks to Atariage I got it back on the tv with a home brewed composite video board and am audio tap. Didn't have any panel mount jacks but I did have an old wii cable I spliced into it. Took me about an hour to get all the items I needed after looking at the links all you great members have posted. Soldered it all up powered it up and bam frogger was on the screen. Now my son and I can relive my past!! Thanks again for the great links and info.

Here is a list of games all still working

Star raiders

Pole position

Centipede

Encounter at L-5

Sword quest - fireworld

Yars revenge

Coleco venture

E.T.

Othello

Moon patrol

Nightdriver

Combat

Atlantis

Asteroids

Realsports soccer

Street racer

Breakout

Phoenix

Frogger

Baseball ( the angled cart with just the end logo no picture on the face of the cart )

Missile command

California games

Dig-dug

Defender

Super breakout

M*A*S*H

None have the original boxes

Got the original controllers, one needs a new plastic cover the 2 paddles both need the knobs and some other controller that looks like a flight joystick (don't remember the brand) but it does have a rapid fire switch

Also the pad with some card I think it's for othello

On the hunt for dragster ghostbusters and the fishing game, I had played these at a friends house years ago might have to flea market some this weekend to find some more.

Thanks again for a great site with a wealth of info.

Edited by digitalmaddog
  • Like 3

RJ - yes i think it is an M-network version i just couldnt remember it at the time, I had seen it on someones post that had a crap ton of games and seen it on there !!

Chas10e i have posted the 2 ps i took the other night in the gallery my original post i did with my phone so i did not include the phots of what i have but here is a link to the gallery

http://atariage.com/forums/gallery/image/13620-image/

and yes the pad was for star raiders i just looked at it last night

StanJr - yes tons of info ill be reading more and more thanks again

Retrogammer81081 - ill have to snap a pic of the box for you funny thing i think my parents sold them at a yard sale about 10 years ago and they sill worked !! we held on to all kinds stuff but it eventually got sold at a yard sale. the atari was about the only thing that didnt get sold, wish i could find the original NES and the sega game gear i had but i think it was sold as well !

wongojack - thanks

the USO - i wanted the nike airs but just couldnt mow that many yards to keep the cash to buy them back when i was a kid !!

after playing a few games last night i really have to get the controlers back up to snuff - I had seen a few articales on how to clean and repair them, i forgot to look at the other aftermarket controller the one with auto fire its not functioning properly so ill take some time to figure that one out and i think i need to re-solder the controller connections they are a little wonky and dont want them to get ripped out or break

one other question - where can i get extention cables or is it worth it and will they work having to sit on the floor and look up at a 40" led tv that is up high on the wall make my neck hurt

thanks

Edited by digitalmaddog

one other question - where can i get extention cables or is it worth it and will they work having to sit on the floor and look up at a 40" led tv that is up high on the wall make my neck hurt

You want genesis extension cables. Thankfully it uses the same connector and they are plentiful

https://www.retrobitgames.com/genesis-cable-controller-extension-cable-6-feet-retro-bit?search=genesis

Follow this guide to get your controllers and 2600 cleaned up shiny and new (ish)

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/184296-slowcoders-guide-to-cleaning-up-your-2600/