Colecovision Y-Adapter Controller Cables Available

Colecovision y adapter y-adapter joystick cable extension cable

39 replies to this topic

#26 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• 7,938 posts

Posted Sat Jul 4, 2015 12:10 PM

Has anyone tested these Y-cables with "keypadless" two-button controllers, like the Atari 7800 controller, the Questar or the Fire Command II? I could be interested in buying a few, but only if I can be sure they're going to work with my third-party controllers.

#27 alekmaul OFFLINE  

alekmaul

Chopper Commander

• 179 posts

Posted Sat Jul 4, 2015 1:25 PM

I think I will buy two more cables for my future game : robee blaster, count me in ;) !

#28 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• 7,938 posts

Posted Sat Jul 4, 2015 2:10 PM

I think I will buy two more cables for my future game : robee blaster, count me in ;) !

Why not make it a pack-in cable with every copy, while you're at it? :P

#29 nurmix OFFLINE  

nurmix

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,683 posts

Posted Sat Jul 4, 2015 7:30 PM

Has anyone tested these Y-cables with "keypadless" two-button controllers, like the Atari 7800 controller, the Questar or the Fire Command II? I could be interested in buying a few, but only if I can be sure they're going to work with my third-party controllers.

They are essentially a straight through design (both male ends of the cable - where the controllers plug in - merge into the one female plug end).  So it's the same as plugging a controller directly in, or plugging a controller into an extension cable.

As to whether or not they work with other controllers with 2 buttons... I'm not familair with the Questar or the Fire Command II, but if the controller supports two buttons on it's own (like a modded Genesis controller, for example), then there's no reason it wouldn't work with one of these Y-adapters.  I have tested numerous Atari-compatible joysticks with it, including a 7800 Proline controller, and they all worked.  The Proline allows you to use both buttons too; just as if it were plugged in by itself.

#30 nurmix OFFLINE  

nurmix

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,683 posts

Posted Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:33 AM

Quick update...

I have the supply cables / parts in.  I'm currently on vacation, but will be making more cables and following up with people on the waiting list next week.

Thanks!

#31 nurmix OFFLINE  

nurmix

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,683 posts

Posted Mon Aug 3, 2015 3:06 PM

I just PM'ed everyone that posted in the thread about wanting more cables.  I'm currently making them, so if you still want some and haven't heard from me yet, send me a PM!

Thanks.

#32 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• 7,938 posts

Posted Mon Aug 3, 2015 3:08 PM

PM sent.

#33 moonpatrol OFFLINE  

moonpatrol

Star Raider

• 50 posts

Posted Mon Aug 3, 2015 4:05 PM

pm sent

#34 rushguy OFFLINE  

rushguy

Star Raider

• 81 posts

Posted Wed Aug 5, 2015 5:15 PM

Just received mine today , excellent product , excellent work . Highly recommend . Plugged in my epyx 500j controller on one ene and the other a regular controller , it's the way the games were meant to be played .

#35 alekmaul OFFLINE  

alekmaul

Chopper Commander

• 179 posts

Posted Thu Aug 6, 2015 12:12 AM

pm and money sent too :)

#36 bpstaley OFFLINE  

bpstaley

Combat Commando

• 1 posts

Posted Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:26 PM

​I don't know if you received my other message but I would like to order 2 'Y'-adapters for my colecovision and 2 controller extensions as well. A total of 4 items for now. My name is Bob Staley and my email address is kirastaley@aol.com. Hope to hear back.

#37 nurmix OFFLINE  

nurmix

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,683 posts

Posted Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:45 PM

​I don't know if you received my other message but I would like to order 2 'Y'-adapters for my colecovision and 2 controller extensions as well. A total of 4 items for now. My name is Bob Staley and my email address is kirastaley@aol.com. Hope to hear back.

I didn't receive another message, but I will send you a PM and/or email tomorrow with a total. Thanks!

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

#38 SpotAnime OFFLINE  

SpotAnime

Chopper Commander

• 104 posts

Posted Fri Mar 9, 2018 10:12 AM

Hey nurmix!

I'd like to order a Y cable. Just heard about these from a past episode of the Intellivisionaries. Black tubing if available, otherwise whatever you got.

I assume you'll PM the details? Otherwise let me know what you need from me (besides payment lol).

Thanks!

#39 Swami ONLINE  

Swami

Stargunner

• 1,643 posts

Posted Fri Mar 9, 2018 2:04 PM

I didn't receive another message, but I will send you a PM and/or email tomorrow with a total. Thanks!

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

PM sent

#40 nurmix OFFLINE  

nurmix

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,683 posts

Posted Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:42 PM

Hey nurmix!

I'd like to order a Y cable. Just heard about these from a past episode of the Intellivisionaries. Black tubing if available, otherwise whatever you got.

I assume you'll PM the details? Otherwise let me know what you need from me (besides payment lol).

Thanks!

PM sent

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Colecovision, y adapter, y-adapter, joystick cable, extension cable

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users