IGNORED

Atari: Game Over

JFK said ~"All history is a novel."

I enjoy efforts to get the real story documented. So much of what we know is a popular truth, not accurate but a story people want to believe. Doesn't matter if it finding out the earth isn't flat or poor management rather then the ET cartridge killed Atari. The show was unique in that two truths came out 1) The reasons behind the demise of Atari and 2) There actually was a warehouse dump of things Atari.

You can see why the popular version persisted so long. Management often is clueless i.e. Edsel, Lisa computer, et al. Rather then take career ending credit for being a dumb ass, they shift blame for poor decisions. They have the power and ear of the popular press with the support of corporate lackeys so their version becomes history. Press wants to sell papers so an interesting lie is better then a boring truth.

I'm kind of surprised at how many people defended HSW. It's a feel good moment. Lots of people looking back fondly too. Nice flick with lessons to be learned.

• Like 2