IGNORED

HSC12 Round 7: Sheer Balloonacy

Looks good for me, but you missed my latest Clowns & Ballons Score and made a mistake at Pinhead (akator has my score). ;)

!!!

ok will redo things later but at least we can see how things will work ! [uPDATED - not with next post!]

there were a few other balloon games I tried but didn't find anything else that seemed as fun.

!!!

ok will redo things later but at least we can see how things will work !

That's right! :-D

Ok, some more Clowns and Balloons:

Beginner - 100000 (lost 1 clown)

post-41132-0-32483000-1430676165_thumb.jpg

Advanced - 32110

post-41132-0-33926700-1430676161_thumb.jpg

Expert - 33090

post-41132-0-05624600-1430676169_thumb.jpg

My summary so far:

Pooyan - 91750

Clowns & Balloons (Beginner) - 100000 (lost one clown)
Clowns & Balloons (Advenaced) - 32110
Clowns & Balloons (Expert) - 33090
Pinhead - 17825
Balloonacy - 6150
Crazy Clown Jumper - 2800
Duck Arrow Balloon - 692
Up Up & Away - 903
  • Like 1

Just in a few minutes as I usually got not the time, but wanted to play the games.

This idea with the complete collection-image is a cool one.

Makes it easy to step in a nd play a round.

ballonacy_658

clowns & balloons_19540

pooyan_55900

post-38004-0-45303600-1430687612_thumb.png

post-38004-0-33579700-1430687643_thumb.png

post-38004-0-48270500-1430687693_thumb.png

• Like 1

Crazy Clown Jumper - 3600

The level and the game over screen was too fast for me, to get a picture. :(

Me too I got the "press fire" on my photo! 3800 gets r-e-a-l-l-y fast on level 6 so perhaps collect more $ on the earlier levels :)

Also improved on Balloonacy to 6,718 - reached level 8 where it sometimes seems impossible to reach them in time even for a bat up in the air :-o

Tables UPDATED (Post #2)

Improved on Up Up and Away to 1,172

and after some seriously Crazy Clowning 6,000 level 8 - from level 7 it's a case of big jumps fall off run and giant drop onto the platforms... if you are lucky :-o

CCJ Hints:

Level bonuses are the way to make score

but try and get a couple of dollars on the early levels.

Practice the long jump to get an idea of the distance.

Both jumps can be manipulated by standing over the edges of the balloons - often stand over the edge.

Leap across to the platforms using the big jump

Drop down onto the platforms

You can hold fire/direction to repeat jump

:)

Fixing/Cleaning Jittery Paddles

(For "Clowns and Balloons)

I've been playing "Clowns and Balloons" with my joystick, which doesn't do me any good. My scores have been low and I keep saying to myself that if I were playing with paddles that I could do much better. I looked around for my trusty paddles but the only ones that I could find have broken fire buttons. I asked a friend (who plays classic games with me) if he had my other pair of paddles (not expecting a yes) and he actually did have them. These were new-old-stock that I bought from Best Electronics back in 2008.

My friend and I hooked the new pair of paddles up and played "Clowns and Bolloons." Oh, no! The paddles had become jittery; the game was unplayable. I figured I'd fix them, which I've done before by spraying them with contact cleaner (not WD-40!) This has only been a temperary fix that doesn't work perfectly (the paddles still jitter a little). I wondered if there was a better and longterm solution. I found an answer that worked and I tried it (with some modifications of my own). My paddles now work better than when I first got them. They work better, in fact, then I can remember paddles ever working before! I recommend that you try the fix that I used, so here are the steps:

1) I followed the steps to open the poteniometer (pot) inside the paddles here:

http://www.atariguide.com/help/care.htm

and a video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm-L4fda8MQ

2) I cleaned the exact same parts as in the html guide and video instructions, but I did not follow the exact cleaning instructions. I only used their instructions to open the pot. The html guide recommends using alcohol, which would work fine, but I used electronics contact cleaner and then the alcohol. The video recommends using acetone to clean the pot-- I'd never heard of doing that before, so I stayed away from that. Acetone seems like a corrosive... but maybe I'm wrong.

3) I used the following electronics contact cleaner:

http://www.markertek.com/product/tesp-1622-13s/techspray-1622-13s-ecoline-contact-cleaner-13-ounce-flammable

4) Don't clean with rubbing alcohol (it's only 70% alcohol; it leaves a residue behind). I used the following 99.9% isopropyl alcohol (it leaves behind no residue behond)

http://www.markertek.com/product/tesp-1610-1pt/techspray-1610-pt-99-8-percent-pure-isopropyl-alcohol-1-pint

I used cotten swabs (Q-tips) to clean the pot's contacts, which worked fine, although microfiber swabs would have worked better to clean the contacts.

I can't attest that this is a longterm solution... but I hope that it does the trick for some time to come. If you're having trouble with your paddles, then cleaning them using the above methods will fix them right up! You probably don't have to use the contact cleaner, but when I used it, it made a huge difference. The alcohol alone removed some of the dirt from the contacts, but the contact cleaner took off so much more!

After I cleaned my paddles, my score on "Clowns and Baloons" (on beginner) went from a pultry 5,000 or so to 21,570 on my first play after I tested the paddles. Amazing!

With the paddles (there is a HSC thread - link in HSC Index topic) I concluded that they "warm up" after several goes. Really. Just try it. You need to play for a while not just leave them in/on - the best example game is Super Breakout. To test for bad spots try Kaboom! and see if you can get every letter on the enter initials screen - I had some that had a problem (damage) preventing J/K... not helpful as they are my initials too. Last thing I did was combine 2 sets into 1 (taking the good one from each but I haven't played since to see what happened).

Improved on DAB & UUA ... tables later...

post-19705-0-51398700-1431193507_thumb.jpg

post-19705-0-81740500-1431193509_thumb.jpg

post-19705-0-42271500-1431193511_thumb.jpg

post-19705-0-96035500-1431193512_thumb.jpg

post-19705-0-55150000-1431193514_thumb.jpg