IGNORED

Pie Factory Podcast...

Oh & the SNL skit went like this:

Rev. Jesse Jackson: "Let's find out what they're playing for, Don Far- Pardo..."

Don Pardo: "It's a CAR! It's a LOVELY car! It's a lovely RED car! It's a lovely red car with a RADIO! Back to you, Reverend!"

Rev. JJ: "Boy, that sounds GREAT!"

IDK why that stuck with me all these years...

• Like 2

Oh & the SNL skit went like this:

Rev. Jesse Jackson: "Let's find out what they're playing for, Don Far- Pardo..."

Don Pardo: "It's a CAR! It's a LOVELY car! It's a lovely RED car! It's a lovely red car with a RADIO! Back to you, Reverend!"

Rev. JJ: "Boy, that sounds GREAT!"

IDK why that stuck with me all these years...

YOu got it!

As much as I have opinions, that was a very funny SNL

Was "Bed, Bath & Beyond" intended instead of that other place? That's the usual to-go place for Atari stuff.

Oops, Yep, that's what I meant. I have a wife and two daughters, so you can tell what store I spend a lot of time in.

• 2 weeks later...

Nailed the Sun/ATARI theme. Got it last episode in fact.

I OWN a kangaroo machine...sorta. A well-known local collector guy who fixed my Xevious sold me an empty Kang cab for $40, & I outfitted it with a PlayStation 2, LCD TV, & an XGaming X-Arcade DualStick. I play all the PS2 compilation discs (NAMCO, Taito, Capcom, Atari, etc) on it. Like a homemade MAME cab, without the MAME.

• Like 3

I’m with Janitor Sean, I think Kangaroo is garbage. It’s big on imitation and small on appeal; a total Go-Bot game. The lack of a jump button is inexcusable for a game like this, I don’t care if it saved 10 cents per cabinet to leave it out. The press-up-to-jump idea can be managed with practice but that’s kind of beside the point; if an unintended jump happens even once per game or play session, that is too much, because the problem is completely preventable with sensible controller design. I have the same complaint for a few games I actually like, including Rush N Attack and Kung Fu Master.

• Like 1

I’m with Janitor Sean, I think Kangaroo is garbage. It’s big on imitation and small on appeal; a total Go-Bot game. The lack of a jump button is inexcusable for a game like this, I don’t care if it saved 10 cents per cabinet to leave it out. The press-up-to-jump idea can be managed with practice but that’s kind of beside the point; if an unintended jump happens even once per game or play session, that is too much, because the problem is completely preventable with sensible controller design. I have the same complaint for a few games I actually like, including Rush N Attack and Kung Fu Master.

Hmmm...

I'm going to go into MAME tonight and map the UP joystick function to one of the buttons on my controller and see what happens.

That might fix the accidental jumping problem, but it might be a bit awkward to have to push a button to climb ladders. :D

I tried this, and it's not as awkward to climb ladders as you'd think. IMHO, it improves the game immensely.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Notable twin cities bands:

Slave Raider - one of the band members showed up to my work. I was the only one at my job to know his musical past(He does IT consulting now). I said some lyrics to their notable single, and his response was "I wrote that"

Dare Force

Husker Du

Blaze - only 5 songs, but really good ones

Lipps Inc - "FunkyTown"

Trip Shakespeare - "Toolmaster of Brainerd"

The Peter Graves Electric Experience - Ok, I made that one up.

Wow, this is the most Minnesotan episode ever. doncha know. grey duck,

Edited by S1500

OMG you guys

THE REPLACEMENTS.

Also, Jimmy G said "The Happy ELF." 40 lashes.

I don't know anything by the replacements. That must have been during my"not listening to secular music" period I had in the 90's>

Also, I still hear it as "The Happy Elf" even though I know it isn't

Edited by Inky
  • Like 1

S1500 you may wanna tell the folks a bit more about some of those above bands, like that Dan Wilson was in Trip Shakespeare, & went on to be in Semisonic, then did that 90s song "Closing Time" that ALL the bars (around here at least) played at...uhh, closing time.