634 replies to this topic

#626 Dauber OFFLINE  

Dauber

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,638 posts
  • What's for tea, luv?

Posted Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:49 PM

Because we have nothing better to do, Pie Factory Podcast is back with episode 77. In this super special episode of Pie Factory Podcast, Sean and Jim discuss the latest retro gaming news (which is not news anymore because post production takes such a long time!), but then eschew the usual format to discuss their adventures on two wheels. A super special guest helps out as well!

#627 S1500 ONLINE  

S1500

River Patroller

• 4,738 posts

Posted Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:55 PM

Because we have nothing better to do, Pie Factory Podcast is back with episode 77. In this super special episode of Pie Factory Podcast, Sean and Jim discuss the latest retro gaming news (which is not news anymore because post production takes such a long time!), but then eschew the usual format to discuss their adventures on two wheels. A super special guest helps out as well!

I'm only getting the first 15 megabytes of the podcast,  Anyone else running into issues?

#628 Dauber OFFLINE  

Dauber

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,638 posts
  • What's for tea, luv?

Posted Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:24 PM

Yes, EVERYBODY was. It should be good now.

For anybody who might have downloaded it for offline listening -- the problem was fixed on 4:22pm CDT. Thanks, s!

#629 S1500 ONLINE  

S1500

River Patroller

• 4,738 posts

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:58 AM

POINT

R
E

S

S

I

N

G

#630 Inky ONLINE  

Inky

Gobs of money!

• 25,537 posts
  • Meh

Posted Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:57 AM

Pie Factory is BACK! Jim is sweating like a pig, talks about "love cushions," and Sean has points to press.

Oh yeah, we also talk about Anteater and Eyes...

#631 Dauber OFFLINE  

Dauber

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,638 posts
  • What's for tea, luv?

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:12 AM

Well, it's Monday, and as such we cannot come up with a creative announcement for episode 79. So here it is. Episode 79. Millipede and Liberator. Listen to the podcast. Trade it with friends. Post a link in your next bathroom graffiti.

#632 S1500 ONLINE  

S1500

River Patroller

• 4,738 posts

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:41 AM

Aand my draft disappeared.

I got to enjoy Liberator in it's cab at Paradise Arcade. Initially I couldn't make sense of it in MAME, but with the real controls, it made sense. A good, challenging game.

Also, I'm one of the few that prefers Millipede over Centipede. They added much more depth to Centipede. There's satisfaction in hitting the DDT bombs(the game's red barrels). Lots of creepy crawlies to attack, and the "waves" adds even more depth. There's all sorts of stuff to shoot at in the game. This should have been on the 7800.

And yes, Juno First belongs in the hall of fame. Checkbook font, great Williams-like sound effects, great gameplay. There's a handful of games like this, but all the meta around it makes it the best of them all. 

#633 Dauber OFFLINE  

Dauber

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,638 posts
  • What's for tea, luv?

Posted Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:50 PM

We at Pie Factory Podcast like to record episodes. We like it so much, we've done it more than 80 times. We hope that you'll add this episode about "Q" games to your podcast queue. (See what I did there?)

#634 Dauber OFFLINE  

Dauber

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,638 posts
  • What's for tea, luv?

Posted Sun Sep 2, 2018 10:49 AM

How do Jim and Sean spend their three-day weekend near the end of summer? By servicing you, our friends, the listeners, with a brand new episode! This time we wax philosophical about another movie game and another Gottlieb game. We hope you’re not…alienated by this episode, but we guarantee you some kind of…reaction.

#635 Dauber OFFLINE  

Dauber

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,638 posts
  • What's for tea, luv?

Posted Yesterday, 10:10 AM

In today's fourscore and second official installment of Pie Factory Podcast, your hosts Do! their best to edutain you. Do! you want to join in on the fun? Of course you Do!. (Okay, we'll stop Do!ing that.)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users