IGNORED

Installing CC65 on OSX Yosemite

I have downloaded the latest repository and complied them, but cannot install the cc65 programs in the /usr/local tree of my system using the command: sudo make -f make/gcc.mak install

Now I did not compile with make -f make/gcc.mak, just issued the make command in the cc65 directory I downloaded - and it all seemed to unpack just fine - although I admit I cannot test that correctness :?

What am I doing wrong?

sTeVE

P.S. I have the latest XCODE and command line tools installed..

Edited by Jetboot Jack

I had a similar problem building cc65 on a clean install of Mavericks, but it worked on an upgrade from Snow Leopard. In the end I noticed that /usr/local/bin was missing despite being referenced in the path. I created the directory using "sudo mkdir /usr/local/bin" and the build/install then worked.

I also noticed that the HTML documentation did not build because of a missing package. So I just extracted the HTML documentation from the prebuilt Windows package.

Jeremy

I have a valid usr/bin, and MAKE is in there - but if I issue the command line that cc65 suggests:

make -f make/gcc.mak install

I just get:

make: make/gcc.mak: No such file or directory

make: *** No rule to make target `make/gcc.mak'. Stop.

Now I interpret that as I have not got the right executable tool or paths somehow??

sTeVE - new to CC65!

Edited by Jetboot Jack

I don't have access to my Mac right now, but from memory the process I used was more or less what is in the documentation, as follows:

Extract the downloaded archive to a directory.

Change to that directory, then issue commands below

make
sudo mkdir /usr/local/bin (if /usr/local/bin does not already exist)
sudo make avail

I didn't have to specify the compiler to use, the make process just defaulted to gcc (I guess). The third command will just make symbolic links in /usr/local/bin, but will fail unless /usr/local/bin already exists, which it did not on my clean install of Mavericks.

Jeremy (used CC65 to prototype one project!)