IGNORED

so....has anyone in NYC or Birmingham visited gamestop this week?

moodorf

I was curious if anyone checked out their selection/prices on retro games since they've started accepting them. Cerebrate64 has claimed that Gamestop is only buying back consoles to put them on their website for online sales, and won't actually offer retro console for sale in-store. Can anyone confirm or repudiate this?? :ponder:

It would seem that they have a lot of GameCube prices listed, and I think that's as far back as the online stuff goes. They don't offer sales of the older stuff online, only prices and a pre-owned guarantee. I imagine this is to draw more people into the store, though. I had no idea that systems were going for so little nowadays. The 360 is only 80 bucks with games!?! If they plan on selling older stuff online they may want to go pretty far back. I haven't been to a used game store since the Play N Trade closed down here. Hastings is the closest store we have and they are run by monkeys. I call there for comic boxes, bags, and boards and the monkey on the line says "Wooo, woo, waaaaaa (yes we have bags!)", and then "Ahhh ahhhh aaaaaaahhhhh wooo!! (..and boxes, too)"! But I go there and, guess what? NO BOXES, BAGS, OR BOARDS!! They have used games, but I would rather deal with monkeys that can at least use the internet to a degree (EBay..)!

There needs to be a Retro System rebirth of stores that you can actually go to! Maybe ones that ONLY deal in old school!!

• Like 1

From what I understand they'll only be selling these trades online, not in stores. They plan to roll out the in-store buying program to all locations by the end of the year. Whether or not their resell prices will be fair or outrageous (I'm leaning toward outrageous) remains to be seen. So I would also like to know what experience anyone has had with this program so far.